cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does 5-7 days actually mean 5-7 days?

N/A

moved house 29 july and still waiting to be activated, last i heard i had to wait another 5-7 days for activation - the 7 days are up and guess what - still not connected.

I don't see the point in raising a ticket as you seem to wait days on a reply and i don't have the time to hang on the phone for an hour...

If anyone reading this can let me know what is going on i'd appriciate it..
8 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

5-7 days is usually working days, so it's probably really 7-9. Not that this helps with your query, of course.

Does the ADSL Status Tracker in "Connection Settings" work for House Moves? If so, what does that say?
N/A

The house move tracker still says

"Sorry - we found a problem whilst checking your telephone line.
Our support team will now make more checks and email you as soon as possible. "

The line had actually been sorted by a BT engineer that day. I got no emails and no real feedback from plusnet - I only found out about the 5-7 days once i looked at the 'My Questions' section where there put this message, but also closed the ticket making it hard find.
N/A

Plus net days are of course longer than standay days, probably by a factor of three.
I'm still waiting for my connection after moving. And my indicator has not even got to the checking line stage after 2 weeks.

Rod
AMB
Grafter

The house move tracker still says

"Sorry - we found a problem whilst checking your telephone line.
Our support team will now make more checks and email you as soon as possible. "

The line had actually been sorted by a BT engineer that day. I got no emails and no real feedback from plusnet - I only found out about the 5-7 days once i looked at the 'My Questions' section where there put this message, but also closed the ticket making it hard find.

I feel you pain. I initiated a "move my ADSL" on the 7th August. The old line was switched off within a few hours (according to the move wizard) which I knew to be incorrect as I was still using it the following day. I too had a problem on my line which support were going to look into. The switch over day came and went (14th August), and as expected no ADSL appeared at my new house. I chased it up with PN and apparently my old line was still switched on so they couldn't active my new line at my new property. A manual cease/reprovide was initiated and apparently, this will take place on the 22nd.

It sounds like the "move my ADSL" wizard is fubar. I'm paying for a connection at my old property, and being hassled by the new tenents to switch my ADSL off so they can have it themselves...

The other slightly disconcerting thing is that the "move my ADSL" wizards is now showing the new date (22nd August) for my new line to go active, but is still reckons there's a "problem on the line which support staff are investigating, etc".

PN - can you please make it more apparent that a customer has outstanding tickets when they log into the portal. I had no idea what automatic tickets had been raised on my behalf for the "problem on the line" until I was trying to find out why my new line had not been activated.

No doubt there will be no compensation for the fact that I requested the old line to cease, and PN failed to request BT to do so.
N/A

you have been lucky, i have been waiting over a month for mine to be connected and this is the reply i got yesterday

"I apologise for the delays in the provisioning of your account but the order which was placed was cancelled due to problems with the speed your line can support. I have resubmitted the order manually and this is due for the 24/08/06"

i feel like i have been fobed off as both neighbours either side of me have broadband with no issues with bandwith and one is a plusnet customer
AMB
Grafter

you have been lucky, i have been waiting over a month for mine to be connected and this is the reply i got yesterday

Christ, don't say things like that. "She who must be obeyed" is suffering from severe World Of Warcraft withdrawl sysmptoms, and since the last connection date was not met by PN/BT I've had all conjugal rights withdrawn and I'm contemplating hiring a food taster, just in case...

If the 22nd doesn't turn up a nice steady ADSL Sync light I'll fear for my life.

On the other side of the coin, 2 years ago when I moved to my old house, the cease/reprovide took 2 days. I requested it on the Monday morning and I had a sync by Wednesday evening. Perhaps I was just lucky back then... or maybe standards have slipped somewhat over the last 2 years or so.
Mand
Grafter

Hi

@oldhand - I've just responded to your ticket
@virus - your order is progressing and will be active by 22nd
@taffy1 - the original order was submitted for 2MB, however this was rejected by BT, we have placed the new order on Max and this has been accepted. It will be active on or before 24/08/06.
N/A

It sounds like the "move my ADSL" wizard is fubar. I'm paying for a connection at my old property, and being hassled by the new tenents to switch my ADSL off so they can have it themselves...

I think you are right about the wizard, here is the reply i recieved:

note that the date for provision has now passed and have chased the order with BT wholesale. There was an issue with the order and as a result it has not been processed correctly. I have resolved this issue today, and BT advise that the ADSL will be connected on or before 25/08/06.

Of course i cannot cancel just now as i do not have a MAC code - because the order is not complete... This whole situation with PN is just nonsense.