Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do you have a website on F9?

Pendragon
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

In view of last weeks loss of email I would suggest if you have a website hosted with F9 (on the homepages server), and you don't have a backup to make one now :shock: .

They are going to make changes to the servers tomorrow, see this link
http://portal.f9.net.uk/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7611

Forwarned is forarmed etc.

Regards, Colin.
4 REPLIES
N/A

Alternatively, why not use one of the many free webspace providers that will host your domain name, or even pay a few pounds per annum for "proper" hosting?

Yes I know that as the webspace is provided, why not use it? The problem is that all the servers have been unreliable at one time or another over the past year, and you will get no sense from F9 if something goes wrong as it is "unsupported". At least if you have paid a few pounds per year for hosting, you are more likely to get some form of recompense.

Mark
N/A

At least if you have paid a few pounds per year for hosting, you are more likely to get some form of recompense.

I've had paid hosting from various people, and I don't believe I've ever had recompense from them... mainly because the contracts usually allows them a day or so downtime a year
N/A

Are you still with 34sp Colin? I only ask as I have been with them now for two years and never had a problem. Renewal is in September though and I may lok for some more competitive packages.

Mark
N/A

Have accounts with both 34sp and www.macoman.co.uk (www.fuzioned.com) as 34sp didn't offer what I wanted for the other account.