cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do we pay for a 24/7 service or a 9am-5pm mon to fri

winnipeg1823
Grafter

Been having big problems with no ADSL signal. If I ring plusnet before 9am I am told that the faults team dont come in till 9am.
When the problem is forwarded to Tiscali nothing ever gets done in the evening or weekends
I would have thought that two major providers, who give a 24/7 service should also have the backup available when things go wrong outside office hours ( which I guess is the time most people use the internet anyway) I know the customer support team work, but they cannot deal with major problems, and only forward the fault to another department.
Why pay for a 24/7 service when the support is only 8/5
5 REPLIES
N/A

Mate, if its getting passed onto Tiscali then PN will just have to tap their feet and wait for a reponse id think. I have to say though i wouldnt rely on Tiscali to make me a cup of tea, i spent 5 months trying to get an unstable line fixed when i was on Tiscali, after 5 months of running in circles we left Tiscali and came here.
N/A

Re: Do we pay for a 24/7 service or a 9am-5pm mon to fri

Why pay for a 24/7 service when the support is only 8/5

sure - who's going to pay for it?
N/A

PN support is 24*7 but this does not mean that all the companies they work with are.

Tiscali like BT presumably only work 9-5
N/A

I'd rather not pay more so that the faults team can work 24/7 - just for them to tell me when I call that they can't do anything because BT or Tiscali are only open 9-5
Much cheaper to raise a question, or call CSC and have them raise a question ready for the faults team to deal with it the following business day IMO.
JonathanW
Grafter

The front line support, in the support centre, is there 24/7 so that if need be you can call them for support with your connection issue at any time of the day. They can then pass the fault on, after going through the initial diagnostics with you, and further tests can be done from our side. In the case of a BT line this will involve the oft mentioned wooosh test, I'm not 100% sure of what we do with LLU faults, as its been a while since I worked any faults myself, but I believe that we have access to similar facilities to wooosh along with some other funky stuff that lets us do things with your line.

Should these highlight a problem that needs to be escalated to the wholesale provider, whoever it is, then this can be done by one of the guys working faults. The core faults team, who liase with the wholesale providers for updates, do currently only work at certain times of days, but this is something that we're working on. We've brought more people into the team so that they can be spread over a larger portion of the day, which should hopefully mean more fault updates for customers and a faster turn around time from our end. Though its early days yet.