Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do the new T&C's contain a five year "lock in"

Metalguru
Grafter

Just checking on something.

I have been told that if I accept the new +net T&C's.

Or accept them by default (because I neglect to sent a message to +net C/S before midnight tonight, declining to accept them) .

I will be locked into +Net for 5 years, with a fee to pay if I wanna leave before 5 years.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Pretty quickly ................ .. before my time runs out .

I gotta feeling someone is just winding me up, but with all that has been going on recently, I thought I had better seek clarrification.
4 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

I'd like to know who has told you that, the new T&C's does not change the lengh of anyone's contract with us.
Metalguru
Grafter

Thanks for that.

I'll tell my mate it isn't as he thought and he ain't "locked in" for 5 years.

Cheers.
cassuki
Rising Star

Your mate may have been referring to the requirement to pay the deferred connection/modem charges. If you selected the option to defer payment, they only become completely free after 5 years. If you leave before then you will have to pay on a sliding scale. See the small print at:

https://portal.plus.net/residential/broadband/bbplus_freesetup.shtml

And if you have opted to set up a domain at £1 per month and leave within the first 12 months, you will need to pay the domain registration fee as well.
N/A

Depending on what he signed up to, he might well be ""locked in" for five years" - but that's nothing to do with the new Ts & Cs