cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do PlusNet not wish to keep their customers?

Pooks
Grafter

Hi folks,

It is a sorry day as it looks like I am going to have to leave PlusNet. It is my own fault for not keeping an eye on my online usage.

I have called twice now to see if there is any way that I can come to a compromise and have my standard (£14.99) account reinstated as I can't afford to upgrade. Both times I have been told that it is impossible and the only route to take is by finding another ISP.

My online usage time was not entirely my fault either. I have a 4 year old boy who enjoys playing games on his computer. Unfortunately when he switches on his machine it looks for a network request which causes the main box to dial. I could easily have sorted this and promised PlusNet I would never go over the acceptable use limit again but they seemed to have a lack of interest keeping me as a customer. This didn't seem to be their fault, just the inability to do anything but upgrade or disconnect the account.

I do not want to leave PlusNet and yet I am being forced because I'm not rich enough. If there happens to be a member of the PlusNet staff reading this that thinks there may be an alternative solution please let me know.

I don't think all of you peeps that have an ADSL enabled exchange realise how lucky you are. Cry

Cheers,

Craig Cry
8 REPLIES
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi Craig,

Unfortunately the problem here is that you went over your fair usage 3 times in the last month. It is an automated system that disables the account and will do so on a daily basis unless the account has been upgraded. We are unable to override this system.

You only need to upgrade for a 30 day period and can then revert back to the standard account that you are currently on.
Pooks
Grafter

Hi there,

Thanks for the quick reply. I was never given the option to upgrade and then downgrade again next month. If I had known that I wouldn't have spent the past 2/3 days looking at other Internet Providers.

Will my payment for this month (taken 20/08/2004) be included in the upgrade cost or not?

If that is the case then I don't mind as I can fully accept my usage was over and above Plusnet's allowed hours. I know from a business standpoint that you have to make money just as much as anybody else does and there is not much margin in the ISP market, hence why I couldn't understand why my £15 quid a month to you wasn't more important.

I have recommended Plusnet to a lot of my clients and friends since I joined and I haven't had a bad word to say about you yet.

Thanks again, this has given me another option to look at.

Cheers Craig.
N/A

cant 99% of population get ADSL soon? you never know
N/A

Try again for ADSL on September 6th. This is when BT will be extending the reach of ADSL in the UK.

http://portal.plus.net/support/general/articles/extended_reach.shtml

Neil
lhorwath
Grafter

Hi Craig,

As your account is in a deactive state (due to exceeding fair-usage), we will not be taking any subsequent payments. As soon as you upgrade we will take the payment. This will be the difference between the two accounts, then on your next billing date we will bill you the new subscription costs. When you downgrade again any credit accrued will be added in days, to your invoice date.
Pooks
Grafter

Hi folks,

I am within the limits to get adsl (512k at least) its just that BT haven't pulled their finger out and upgraded the exchange yet. Trigger level was met some time ago (before they stopped using trigger levels). BT's website is still giving the 27th of July NEXT year as the expected date but I have heard from some good sources it should be way before then.

At the moment I have Home Highway and hope to offset the costs on to broadband when it is available.

Like I said, I don't want to leave Plusnet so it is looking likely I will upgrade for the moment, thanks for confirming that for me.

I have been meaning to be more active in the forums for some time now, its a shame it came to this before I made a post! I'll try and be an active poster from now on and contribute something (if I can) to the good of Plusnet. (I used to do Tech support for an ISP so know how to deal with crabby customers...like myself!)

Cheers,

Craig.
N/A

Craig

Thanks for that and we do welcome people to contribute actively, sorry that the options were not outlined fully to you, the best thing to do is to call us and upgrade and then raise a ticket straight away asking for a downgrade after 30 days which we can then schedule to happen automatically for you.
Pooks
Grafter

That's what I wanted to hear, expect a call very soon!

Cheers,

Craig.