cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do Plus actually care about there customers

bigbry
Dabbler

I read all these entries on the Forum where people are unhappy and nothing seems to be done. I am having problems getting my ADSL transfered to a new house at the moment, I think due to BT. However the service I am receiving from Plus Net is flakey to say the least. They are extremely brief with their responses, never seem to contact BT unless I ask and since Saturday morning have ignored numerous updates from myself on my "question".

I was meant to be active Wednesday but this was delayed by 48 hours due to BT "system" problems. I was patient and polite and thanked Plus for their help. They promised to chase BT 48 hours later - i.e. Saturday. However I have heard no more and I still don't have broadband. I am avoiding the phone system as thats what they want me to do and I don't want to wait for an hour on hold.

Anyway ignoring my problems, I must ask the question, a simple yes no answer will do, in your opinion and experiences do Plus actually care about you? I work in IT and I would get seriously reprimanded if this was the service I gave people.

Rant over :x

Bryan
16 REPLIES
N/A

I workm in IT too but it shouldn't matter where you work, your service standards should be one of your highest priorities as a business. And plusNet's service standards are on their link:censored

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): Attempt to bypass swear filter removed link:rules ]
Firejack
Grafter

They half care and half don't care. The Support Team and Network Teams are a great group of people. Every time I've ever been contacted by them they've been first class and very friendly. Some really exceptional people with great knowledge and pride in doing their job to the best of their ability.
The Management and Marketing Teams though. No, they clearly don't. I feel strongly they care about pleasing shareholders instead of being open and honest to customers. Some of the market blurb and legal nonsense surrounding contracts and services are a disgrace. No transparency at all. Everything deliberately hidden to make it awkward for the customers to discourage them from leaving or making an informed choice on products when they sign up.
Soapy
Grafter

I totally agree with firejack
Community Veteran

Spot on firejack
Community Veteran
Fixes: 9

Quite honestly I don't think that they give a shit about any of us.

They think that we're just loosers who will put up the cash and then appreciate being treated like shit.

Tough luck and hey-ho cos as soon as I got the cash for their deferred clutter I'm off elsewhere. They can stuff their 8MB BB. Lately it's been like using a 14.4k modem. Ridiculous.

Plusnet are trying to take us to the stoneage. I say let them go it alone.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
ceridwen
Grafter

I'll vote that PN do not care about their customers because as a company I don't believe that they do - their current problems (poor response from CS, slow e-mail services, bandwidth inadequate for the demands being place on it by users whose usage is within the stated AUP/SUP limits of the accounts they pay for etc.) indicate a major lack of investment in basic infrastructure in an attempt to grow quickly and maintain high profit margins to loom attractive to potential buyers rather than provide a service to customers.

However, as firejack indicates there are individuals within Network and Comms who do care - it is a pity that their enthusiasm for helping customers does not permeate through the company as a whole (and in particular to management).

Matthew
Community Veteran

Spot on firejack

ditto that
N/A

Good point all round there Firejack, but I particularly agree with:
I feel strongly they care about pleasing shareholders instead of being open and honest to customers.

Hopefully now when the BT buy-out deal has gone through, Plusnet can stop playing up to the shareholders and start looking after their customers. We are all fed up of being ripped off for the sake of profitability and increasing the share prices.

Some of the market blurb and legal nonsense surrounding contracts and services are a disgrace. No transparency at all. Everything deliberately hidden to make it awkward for the customers to discourage them from leaving or making an informed choice on products when they sign up.

Too right, deferred charges, LLU MAC codes etc are hidden away very well indeed. I wouldn't have signed up to the Plusnet in the first place if I had realised all this was going to bite me. It's all there in the T&Cs but its so well disguised from the bright flashing adverts beckoning us in. Maybe next time I'll read EVERYTHING instead of believing that free activation means free.
N/A

Too right, deferred charges, LLU MAC codes etc are hidden away very well indeed. I wouldn't have signed up to the Plusnet in the first place if I had realised all this was going to bite me. It's all there in the T&Cs but its so well disguised from the bright flashing adverts beckoning us in. Maybe next time I'll read EVERYTHING instead of believing that free activation means free.

I agree with that Dave. The deferred charges lasting 5 years is unbelievable but I will gladly pay my 4 years' fee if it means getting away from PN. I would've done it sooner but I'm waiting to move house so I may as well wait.
N/A

I would say a big fat no to caring about customers.

After a 6 weeks of fighting over a game, I have to specify specific servers and ports to avoid getting pings in excess of 1500ms...

Shocking..
bigbry
Dabbler

Thanks for all your feedback. The point about the marketing and management being the source of the problems is probably true but I have also been dissapointed with the repsonses to my questions on the support side of things. I must state that when I have managed to speak to someone they have been very polite and helpful.

I have now finally had my house move completed. However I am still not getting a synch on the line so have raised another question. Here we go again....
N/A

It might depend on the customer. I very much doubt that I am leaving at the end of the month because on the bandwidth I use they could sqeeze in several PAYG accounts from which they'll make quite a chunk more cash than they'll make from my single account.
N/A

Re: Do Plus actually care about there customers

I was meant to be active Wednesday but this was delayed by 48 hours due to BT "system" problems. I was patient and polite and thanked Plus for their help. They promised to chase BT 48 hours later - i.e. Saturday. However I have heard no more and I still don't have broadband. I am avoiding the phone system as thats what they want me to do and I don't want to wait for an hour on hold.

Don't hold your breath. I'm still waiting for a simultaneous cease and reprovide and it's taken over three months and still no joy!!!

Trying to use the stupid portal over dialup is a joke.

I believe they treat business customers worse than residential users and charge us more for the privilege.

Try ringing BT wholesale (0800 169 0934). They can tell you if PlusNet have placed the order etc.

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Duplicate post removed.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 3

For a while since PlusNet has managed to go so dramatically downhill over the years, this is obviously the fault of senior management. I personally feel this is them partly due to not caring about anything other than turnover and who might buy the shares, such as not investing in any more capacity and using hardware to cram as many users onto the limited bandwidth they have, given the increase in subscriber numbers and the trend of increasing usage, given things like streaming video and films on demand.

I also feel this is partly incompetence on their part such as the mail server, LLU disconnection and DNS issues we've had recently. LLU was obviously a quick and easy way to save money to the customer's determent (the issues on the latter were ignored for some time which reinforced the 'not care' bit).

I agree there are some on here who generally do care, but I feel sorry that ultimately they have to account for their actions to the management.

Still, when BT takes over they can fantasise about what their bank balance might look like, where the rest might have a job if BT don't decide to drop the brand and relocate to India in the months to come (after already admitting they are expanding their operations there).

We've had posts on here from staff on here who believe this is a good thing and a 'new direction'. Maybe it's just me - but personally the prospect of losing my job while my existing employer gets vaporised by someone else, and all the senior management fuck off elsewhere with a large profit is not my idea of it.