cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I still need a postmaster@domain address?

N/A

Under the F9 T&C we have to maintain a postmaster address. Thanks to F9's generosity I now have my own domain. I also have other email addresses - (shock, horror not F9 ones!) If I promise to be a good boy & give & check an alternative email address can I then black-hole the postmaster address without breaching the T&C. :?
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Yep, with the way things have panned out it would be very odd to say that you you still have to keep checking the postmaster address. So long as you ensure we have a valid address for you set in Account Details then common sense says there's no problem blackholing the postmaster address.
N/A

Thanks Tongue
Blue_Banana
Dabbler

I have a ticket open (Question topic: Blackhole a Mailbox to Stop Spam | ID: 22405167) regarding the blackholing of the postmaster address.

After over 24hrs I got a reply telling me to use an alias to resolve my problem. Can't see how this will help so replied asking for more info. I am still waiting after a further 16 hours.

Dave Tomlinson,

Can I also blackhole the postmaster account? If so can you add an action to my ticket to this effect please? That way if I ever get into trouble for not complying with the T&C's I can refer to your advice.

Why any company would require a person to have what is effectively a public email address that cannot be removed or blocked is beyond me.

I am generally happy with f9 as an ISP but levels of customer support are still apparently a joke. Does the support team prioritise tickets relating to tasks? If so then waiting for support on a non urgent matter is more bearable, if not why is it still taking so long? After all the guff we have been told about improved customer service I did expect it to be better by now.

Many thanks if you can sort.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

You can blackhole the postmaster address, you can do this by creating a redirect. You don't need anymore to use the postmaster address (we changed this recently and will be updating the T's & C's to say this) so long as you provide us with a valid email address to send any correspondence.
Blue_Banana
Dabbler

Thanks Dave.

All now sorted.

Tony