cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need to apply for a new package??

N/A

2) stay on same monthly subscription and queue jump the speed regrade and get 2Mbps immediately (or within 5-7 days so long as your line supports it) for £14.99

I couldnt manage to do that on line as it wanted to charge me 29.99. But then I rang customner support and the agent was very helpful and put through the necessary requests there and then! First class service for me and I didnt mind paying 14.99 to jump the queue eitherSmiley
7 REPLIES
N/A

Can anyone help?
I currently pay £21.99/month 512k unlimited.The new packages are out today so do i need apply for a new package or do Plusnet move me over?
csogilvie
Grafter

You can just wait, and you should move over automatically.
N/A

Thanx
what will I get any idea my local exchange will handle 4mb
csogilvie
Grafter

Not sure. BT have started, or are starting, trials with a limited set of exchanges and users across all ISPs currently, so presumably after the results of those trials are available.
ceridwen
Grafter

2Mbit depending on line quality.

Only 21 exchanges are currently on schedule for >2Mbit speeds - and customers on those exchanges who will get on the trial for >2Mbit speeds have already been selected from the current 2Mbit customers (by BT rather than PN).

You may get onto the later trials over the summer - but realistically you shouldn't expect >2Mbit until the Autumn at the earliest. There are expectations howvever that all/most exchanges will allow >2Mbit by the end of the year.

Matthew
N/A

You can just wait, and you should move over automatically.

Automatically to 2Mb or whatever TODAY or when I apply? On the latter if I stay at same cost they charge me £15 to have the speed up or if I choose to go to a lower cost package they charge me £30.

ADSL Home 1Mb - Monthly Contract is what I am on now at £29.99.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

You have the choice of the following

1) do nothing and at some point over the next few months you will get a free speed upgrade to 2Mbps (as long as your line supports it).

2) stay on same monthly subscription and queue jump the speed regrade and get 2Mbps immediately (or within 5-7 days so long as your line supports it) for £14.99

3) change your monthly subscription but wait for the free upgrade, if you increase the subscription it will be free, decrease then it's £14.99

4) change your monthly subscription and queue jump the speed regrade. If you increase your subscription and increase your speed then it's £14.99, if you decrease your subscription then it's £29.99 (i.e. a BT charge for the immediate speed increase and a downgrade charge for the decrease in subscription).