cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I need a MAC?

N/A

Do I need a MAC?

Hi All,
I will be moving home soon, and am thinking of changing ISPs. If I move home, and transfer my Plusnet account to my new house, then I will need to either pay £58 now, or £58 when if I leave Plusnet. As I am keeping my phone number, I am going to be without broadband for a couple of weeks anyway, so can I just cancel my subscription, and then just join another isp when I am ready, or do I need a MAC and have to fork out £58?

Thanks
Paul
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Do I need a MAC?

If you are going to move and change ISP anyway, then providing you are not still in an annual contract, cancelling may be the best bet.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Do I need a MAC?

Cheers Elvin,
But am I not still connected to plusnet at the exchange, just not at plusnet themselves? Hence why a MAC is needed?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Do I need a MAC?

If you cancel, the connection at the exchange will be terminated, leaving it free for a new activation.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

Do I need a MAC?

Assuming you are on an Annual contract then you will still have the Deferred Activation costs and the rest of your contract to pay so it may well be cheaper just to move your broadband to your new house

To minimise downtime to hopefully nearly zero you could do whats known as a simultaneous provide order you can read all about how to do a simultaneous provide order at: http://usergroup.plus.net/simprovideorders.php
N/A

Do I need a MAC?

Bungo, Elvin. Thank You.
I am on a monthly contract, so hopefully, no extra costs will be coming my way.

Thanks again, and happy easter Smiley