cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I hold the record?

N/A

Do I hold the record?

I lost my broadband connection 4 weeks and 2 days ago - and still PLusnet cannot tell me when it will be restored. (Yes it's a Tiscali connection.)
Can anyone beat that?
16 REPLIES
graingerjjb
Grafter

Do I hold the record?

Yeup-no connection since the 14th August (although I didn't get the call raised until the 17th) 5 weeks and a day going by the log date.
graingerjjb
Grafter

Do I hold the record?

Oh and yes it was when I was moved from BT to Tiscali
Spud
Dabbler

Do I hold the record?

Lost mine a week and a half ago (Tiscali surprise, surprise) im not holding up much hope now ive read how long you have been off.. Its getting desperate now, im having to talk to the family for something to do..
N/A

Do I hold the record?

I think I'm one of the longest without service, at over 7 weeks - no broadband service at all since being transferred to Tiscali.

I have never had any meaningful information whatsoever about the fault.

I did get eventually offered a transfer back to BT and refund (after I asked to cancel) about 3 weeks ago, but neither have actually been actioned. I can't believe now that I accepted this.

I requested my account to cease again 2 days ago, and haven't had the ticket looked at yet.

No doubt I can fully expect a row with PN to hold me to their "30 day" "notice" period. Except it's not a row if the other party doesn't respond...
Mand
Grafter

Do I hold the record?

Hi there,

@merrony - please see my response to your ticket.

@spudctid - your issue has been escalated and a response is awaited.

@graingerjjb - your issue has been escalated, and we are awaiting a MAC and an update unfortunately.

@crane1 - a BT engineer is being dispatched to your exchange to rectify a fault, an update should be available shortly.
N/A

Do I hold the record?

Thanks for your assistance!
N/A

Do I hold the record?

DElighted to hear that a BT is rushing to sort out my fault -but why only now, 4 weeks and 2 days after the fault was reported? I'd be interested to know the details of PlusNet's Service Level Agreement with Tiscali - is there a clause built in that obliges Tiscali to do nothing for a month after disconnection? It certainly looks that way to me
N/A

Do I hold the record?

Its not only LLU'd customers with no service! I haven't had a connection for 4 weeks and I have not been moved to Tiscali!!!

I guess its all PN's customers avross the board. Some kind of rite of passage?

** Watch out it could be your month next ..... ***
playerone

Do I hold the record?

8 and a half weeks! woo i win!
N/A

Do I hold the record?

Incredible... I can't imagine any other service where people would accept this...

If you lose your BT phone line for a day - one day! - you get a months line rental back. I'd don't recall signing T&Cs or having SLA agreements for my phone but I got 4 months line rental back once (and saw 3 engineers).

My disconnection is in it's 6th day and nothing has happened (unless you include PlusNet cockups) and I'm fully expecting PlusNet to wait on an open ticket until I prompt them to check.

And then it may well last 8 weeks - who knows? Well, PlusNet do - they know how long it takes Tiscali to fix these connections but they don't want to say...
Liam
Grafter

Do I hold the record?

Unfortunately the roll out to MaxDSL with BT and LLU with Tiscali has been far from rosy.

We're painfully aware that these are causing you guys a bunch of issues with disconnections etc... but unfortunately BT and Tiscali do take time to get things resolved - and we don't help by being busy in the CSC too.

We've committed to refund any customer who has been LLU'd and who experiences a complete loss of connection for 7 days or more for downtime incurred.

We're working very hard to reduce the backlog in our CSC. We're answering more tickets daily at the moment than are getting raised (which is good!) but we still have a bit of a backlog to clear up. Staff throughout the business have been pro-actively signing up to work on tickets this weekend and over the coming week in an attempt to get these backlogs down - and looking at the stats - so far, so good!

We do appreciate your patience guys and we are all focused on getting your faults resolved - I promise you - but it is taking time. Please bear with us.
N/A

Do I hold the record?

We're working very hard to reduce the backlog in our CSC.

What does CSC do to reduce the backlog of disconnections? So far I understand that once it's raised with Tiscali CSC do nothing, absolutely nothing, until Tiscali come back with a question or the customer queries what is happening.

My own ticket proves that CSC do nothing, and in my case they did nothing badly.

Staff throughout the business have been pro-actively signing up to work on tickets this weekend

How have they been helping disconnections? I'm not belittling the effort which I know must be immense because there's no other excuse for the mistakes, but if we were to believe the spin then disconnections are 'top priority' but I don't understand what PlusNet mean. They don't seem to do anything, and certainly don't seem to be on my side forcing tiscali to pull the stops out. Instead PlusNet simply wait whilst they tackle other 'less priority' tickets.

We do appreciate your patience guys and we are all focused on getting your faults resolved - I promise you - but it is taking time. Please bear with us.

Please check how many times that has been said in the last 5 months. It seem to me that patience leads to 8 week disconnections. What was CSC doing whilst these guys were being patient? The quote from thsi thread sums it up:

but why only now, 4 weeks and 2 days after the fault was reported?
N/A

Do I hold the record?

OK, so my account finally ceases today (I gave waiting for a transfer back to BT). So with the expected 7 days until my line reverts to BT, I'm expecting to end up at least NINE weeks without broadband.
katie
Grafter

Do I hold the record?

After 3 years without any problems here, my connection started dropping in June, so I bought a new Netgear modem/router at a cost of £100'ish. It disconnected a lot but did re-connect most of the time. Then it started to become cherder to connect to the net so I replaced phone wires etc. throughout the house and office. It got so bad that I bought another new modem, thinking the Netgear was faulty. This time I got a Belkin, but by then I could hardly connect at all. It was then that I looked at the forums and realised that it was NOT my fault/equipment and I reported the fault. I must say that Plusnet are replying to my online question, and have telephoned me to say they were satisfied that the fault was on my line and that they had asked BT to look into it. Another message said that they would turn on interleaving and the young man I spoke to yesterday said that I was on the BT platform and not Tascali. So - I am confused as to what is really going on with my connection and whether I will ever get broadband again. I have resorted to using this old laptop as it is the only PC I have with a dial-up modem, but it is V E R Y S L O W. I want to stay with Plusnet but I don't know how much longer I can carry on without my broadband connection. My connection drops for 24-36 hours at a time and last time it did connect, it was only for 40 minutes.

kredhead

PS - I hope all you guys soon get sorted out.