Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I get another free domain?

oliverb
Grafter

Account type: PlusNet Small Business Premier up to 8Mb

I've just noticed that under domain names it says add a free domain, although I thought I already had a free domain.

FWIW I seem to recall some business accounts got two domains.
4 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

This is likely to be the free domain that was promised to customers as part of the webmail deliverables.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
oliverb
Grafter

Great if it is, FWIW my home account still shows that I need to pay a pound extra per month to opt-in for the free domain.

I'd quite like to add a domain to my home account if it isn't going to cost me more.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

I've you've not registered a free domain then you can enable this and register one on both accounts if you want. Most residential accounts have a £1 domain option as well so you just need to select the free option rather than the £1 option.
oliverb
Grafter

OK I think I'm with you... So if I understand this right the home account gets one domain for free as part of webmail resolution, and if I opt to pay the extra £1 I get a second domain. The business account has one free domain already registered.

Sorry if I'm being pedantic about this but it seems an uncommonly good offer from Plusnet and I don't want to accidentally commit to buying a domain at full price.