cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I get a refund?

N/A

Do I get a refund?

My broadband was down for 5 days last week when +Net/BT "upgraded me". Had to phone CS 7 times before someone called me back (48hrs after first logging call). Missed items on Ebay, had bad feedback as I hadn't contacted someone I had won something from and missed out on a job offer. Could say I am unimpressed and was wondering If I was due a refund given that my 'service' was down nearly 20% of the month?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Do I get a refund?

quick answer......................no

Dont you love Plusnet Smiley
N/A

Do I get a refund?

BT doesn't give any guarantee for low cost products like the ones for home broadband (and there's a major difference in price for leased lines).

It might be worth making note of a few 0845 numbers to be able to go back to dial-up if ou are expecting urgent mail, and many libraries are now offering free access ( 144 PCs in my area, 30+ in the town centre with the rest in outer villages) and giving only a limited amount of time per session, no doubt.
N/A

Do I get a refund?

The alternate arranegments thing is/was a good idea. Didn't have dial-up number, contact details for PlusNet etc. when my link went down. Loved the fact that PlusNet e.mailed me to let me know my link was still down and eventually solved :shock: :roll: They also promised to text update me when the problem was resolved. Guess, who's still waiting for the text message :roll:

So the long and short of it is I pay £21.99 for a service and have no comeback If/when it goes down, the T&Cs get more restrictive by the month, the mail server is up and down more times than a tarts draws and CS 'leaves a lot to be desired'

Coming up for my 4th anniversary with +Net and think it's time to move on. Why pay £22 for a dubious service when I can get the same for free from a growing list of providers.

:idea: I hear Sky has just announced free broadband :idea:
Njal
Grafter

Do I get a refund?

I hear Sky has just announced free broadband

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/07/18/sky_bundles_broadband/

"Aimed at existing Sky customers the service will be "free" - if you spend enough money on other Sky services.

Punters can sign up to one of three packages - max, mid or base with download speeds of 16Mb, 8Mb and 2Mb. Monthly usage is capped at 2GB for base, 40GB for mid and unlimited for max. They can also include Sky phone package.

The base service is free except for a £40 connection fee and a £50 installation fee. The max package costs £14 a month including phone line rental. Although it claims to be unlimited the max package will be "subject to fair use policy"."

Regards
Neil
N/A

Do I get a refund?

Might have tio look into this If you get unlimited useage (only seem to need 10-15Gb pm) and the phoneline for £14.