cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disgusted

N/A

Disgusted

I cannot believe what has just happened. My webpage has been pulled without any warning to rectify the problem. The excess bandwidth I now realise is my fault as I have been hosting photos for some articles I have on ebay and have had loads of hits. Had I been warned ,I would have used smaller photos or another host but now my auctions are ruined because of the policy of pull the website and ask questions after. Is this really the attitude to keep loyal customersHuh?Huh
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Disgusted

I underwent the same thing a few weeks ago, and was also a little dissapointed.

I wasnt really too bothered about not having any notice, but did wonder why no automated email process was not in place for people approaching the limit.

What annoyed me was the belittleing way the email you are sent is written.

"I promise not to do it again, I agree ive been a bad boy" blah blah blah. In my view it is a very unprofessional email to be sending to customers, especially customers who may have breached this limit by accident.

It should be re-written.

For future refference, couldnt you host images that may be popular, on a service such as photobucket or imageshack? Maybe that would help?
N/A

Disgusted

As chester said above, get the pictures onto photobucket and update your description for your auction.

Include the links to all the new files on photobucket and just say your previous hosting died.

I have had to do this in the past also.
N/A

Disgusted

the only thing i can recommend if the bandwidth is not enough like it was to me, i changed my hosting to macoman- quality, 20 quid a year
N/A

Disgusted

Thank you for your suggestions,but I now know the solutions, but it is the pulling of the website without any warning that has got me so annoyed . Do all ISPs do the same? I know there must be bandwidth limits ,but do all ISPs pull the plug without warning. If there are any that have a better system as I shall now be looking at transferring to them.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

Disgusted

If you only go over by a small amount there is a warning. However by the time the check is run people are usually way over and hence just get their site pulled.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

Disgusted

Yes I had this recently too and when I asked how I was to have any idea of what my bandwidth was and how I could keep an eye on it the answer was "Your limit is 250mb and you can check with us anytime if you like". Not exactly helpful is it?! Can you imagine my sending in a ticket 4 times a day to try and check my bandwidth! And then I was given the grovelling text of the email I had to send to get my site back with a fill in the blank for my name. What was the point of that - felt like being sento the headmaster aged 7 and I wsn't even aware I was near this limit in the first place!

I'm getting very fed up with PlusNet and can also only come to the conclusion that the very many emails I have sent recently that have not arrived must be a PlusNet problem and all I am getting back via support is patronising comments like 'emails don't just go missing'.

A very disgruntled customer
N/A

Disgusted

To add insult to injury, they have not even bothered to reply to this ticket and so my site is still down. I wonder how long for? because the longer I cannot use it ,the longer I have to research a new ISP
N/A

Disgusted

250MB?
Scrooge lives!

http://www.34sp.com/hostingfeatures.php
£17.95 a year for 1GB transfer. Hosted in London, company in manchester.

http://www.crucialp.com/web-hosting/
about £40 a year for 10GB a month transfer. Hosted in theplanet DC in texas, company in australia.

Both are good companies for the price. Occasional downtime, but that happens everywhere.
N/A

Disgusted

Thank you--looks good. It`s a shame that unpaid customers can help so well with problems that paid plusnet staff ignore . My site is still down with no response from plusnet so I will host it with another provider suggested, and let them have the cash instead of upgrading with plusnet.
N/A

Disgusted

That's 250MB per day, or about 7.5GB per month (it's 100MB per day for BB+).

Or it was the last time I looked. :?
Eriond
Dabbler

Disgusted

i believe that the 100 and 250MB refer to the webspace not the bandwidth, i have been unable to find any info about webspace bandwidth anywhere.
N/A

Disgusted

http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/broadband_home_features.shtml
Two below the webspace line.

It doesn't actually say per day, but 250MB per month seems a touch silly and I'm fairly sure my webspace passes that easily on a regular basis.