cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion on Service Status Board ~ Split from: No Access

N/A

Just a suggestion here James....maybe in the forum index the Service Status Feeds section should be moved to the top of the page rather than having it at the bottom.
I'd bet that most people log into the portal and head straight to community support and broadband help without scrolling down to the bottom of the page to check the service status thread to see if it's the cause of their problems. I know thats what i usually do.
If it was at the top then people would see as soon as they get to the forum index that there was a new post.

just my 2 cents
7 REPLIES
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 5

They used to be at the top. I'm pretty sure there was a great reason for moving them, but I can't remember what it was!

Phil
N/A

Erm, the Moderators decided to! I'll have a dig about and see if I can find the justification, but I reckon it might have just been the preference of the moderating team at the time.
N/A

OK, here the Answer -

Back in the mists of time, during a tidy-up of the boards, it was noted that even with the Service Status board as part of the top group, each post was only being read by an approximately 30 people. (Check now, you'll see little diffence in numbers, although there are peaks, perhaps attributable to being linked from popular topics in the other boards?)

On this basis, it was assumed that for the rest of the board users, the board was just an irritation, and made folks have to scroll down to get to the boards they wanted.

The proposal was to remove it completely, but a compromise was decided on - put it right to the bottom, the 30 or so of us that read it, can still do so by scrolling down, and those who don't read it, don't have to scroll down.

Make sense?

Since these few posts were off topic, I've split them to keep it clearer. Wink
N/A

Thanks for the explanation.
N/A

No worries!

I was surprised at how few people actually read them, I'd never noticed until I started looking for the answer for you.

I suspect that they may disappear once we move to the new Community Site. Hopefully by then, the new Service Status tool will be up and running, rendering the forum board obsolete.
N/A

I would definitely have read them more if they were at the top.
It seems logical to me to look there before diving in shouting about your problem, only to be pointed to the service status.
But obviously people weren't doing this. so i must be the odd one :shock: :lol:
N/A

There's two of us then!

/me wonders who the other 28 are? :lol: