cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Forums slow

JJ
Grafter

Discussion Forums slow

Logging into the member centre is fine usually less then 2 sec.
Going to other places once in the member centre is fine, 2 sec. Again
BUT click on the Discussion Forums and it takes 10-15 seconds before anything happens.

Is this just me ?
25 REPLIES
Zathras
Grafter

Discussion Forums slow

Nope not just you, definately sluggish
N/A

Discussion Forums slow

Yup ..sluggish here too, timed out on several occasions.
Firejack
Grafter

Discussion Forums slow

Was lightning fast when they upgraded the Portal at 1pm. Got slower after dinner but I put that down to the usual congestion in the evening on Plus.net. Even considering this its a bit stop start browsing just now.
N/A

Discussion Forums slow

Ive always found PN's portal to be shockingly slow tbh
Community Veteran

Discussion Forums slow

ptrichardson,

Historically, it has been but they are doing lots of work to bring loading times down to under two seconds and it seems to be working, the forums are certainly much snappier than they used to be....
craiglay
Grafter

Discussion Forums slow

Pretty damn quick here!!

Craig
N/A

Discussion Forums slow

it seems to be working, the forums are certainly much snappier than they used to be....

Unfortunately that is not the case for everyone by the looks of things. It's very inconsistent for me...sometimes within 2 secs, more often than not its more like 10-15 secs and sometimes its just timing out.
Though it could just be the same as all surfing during peak hours lately...very patchy indeed. The amount of pages timing out or taking an age to load is ridiculous in the last couple of weeks.
James
Grafter

Discussion Forums slow

The amount of work that we've been doing to improve the speeds over the portal is definitely not completed. Listen out for further announcements from Liam in the coming weeks.
Liam
Grafter

Discussion Forums slow

Was it just the forums, or other areas of the Portal? How were other websites? Working fine? Done any speedtests elsewhere?
James
Grafter

Discussion Forums slow

I also get varying speeds on the portal forums.
Community Veteran

Discussion Forums slow

Mostly slow here too, taking 10 -> 15s for some pages to load.

Accessing the forums for the first time in a new FF tab also takes ages before I see anything.
James
Grafter

Discussion Forums slow

I'm getting anything from 1s-30s. I'm currently on a 35mbps line.
Liam
Grafter

Discussion Forums slow

We're going to get some new servers in the new year that we're going to run some diagnostic tools that will allow us to specifically identify the worst offending pages and scripts for us to focus on and optimise.

It is strange that you're seeing problems, though, as it seems to be working a treat right here.
N/A

Discussion Forums slow

Was it just the forums, or other areas of the Portal?

It's patchy in the forums..but at its worst when trying to navigate from the forums to another part of the portal or vice-versa.