cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Discussion] 4 and 8Mb refund FAQ

N/A

I shall wait for my potential refund with bated breath!
Great idea, and glad to see that CS is still high on the agenda at PN Towers Cheesy .

4 and 8Mb Refund FAQ's
12 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

What about up to 4 & 8 users who were paying the higher price "to be at the front of the queue" but were overlooked at the beginning of April? They may now be getting the higher speed and it would therefore appear will not get a refund from you you are saying.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Community Veteran

Mods, Can we get this post on the Announcements board and a seperate thread started regarding it.
ceridwen
Grafter

I suspect that any positive PR from this gesture will be lost due to the bad PR caused by PN (once again) moving the goalposts.

The original promise from PN was a refund to all 4Mb and 8Mb customers who did not receive such speeds and who had not exceed the usage allowances on those accounts.

However, of those originally promised refunds the following are no longer eligible:

a) those who signed up after the 1 September 2005 - despite the fact that the SUP usage limits were not published until mid-September and even then the products were still marketed on the basis of higher speeds not higher usage limits (which were not prominently displayed and many signed up without discovering them).

b) those who whilst not exceeding their usage limit did exceed these "budgetted allowance" in the FAQ.

(and as Elvin points out there are all those who having paid £100s for a priority upgrade were overlooked by PN when the time came!)

Matthew
ceridwen
Grafter

Re: 4 and 8Mb refund FAQ

I've just realised somethin else a little odd - namely:

When will I receive a refund if I am eligible?

We will process the refunds once we have completed upgrading all customers to the higher speeds. We estimate this may take until the end of September 2006, therefore you should not expect to receive a refund before then.

All the old 4Mbit/8Mbit customers should have been upgraded at the beginning of April. Some were missed out, but should have been done by now i.e. they all should have been submitted for an upgrade, so should by now (or at least very soon) know what speed they can achieve.

However, PN are going to hang onto the money (and interest) for another 4 months anyway...

Unless there are still some of these customers yet to have their upgrades processed...

Matthew
N/A

As requested ( and which should have been the norm ) I have split the FAQ's from the discussion.

The FAQ's are located here and I will also edit the first post in this thread to include the link ( sorry lol ).
N/A

Darn You Cheesy Halfway through posting when you moved it and locked the original.
Can't be bothered re-typing the whole thing, so you get the blessing of the short version.
I was sold "Fastest my line can support up to 8mbs" thats what I got.
Turns out is rubbish, and only around 1-1.5Mbs and I'm a light user at home so I'll get a refund out of the goodness of PN's heart.
V Happy. Cheesy
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

All the old 4Mbit/8Mbit customers should have been upgraded at the beginning of April. Some were missed out, but should have been done by now i.e. they all should have been submitted for an upgrade, so should by now (or at least very soon) know what speed they can achieve.

We're expecting the vast majority of refunds to be processed next month and July, September is the very last date that the refunds will be processed not when they will begin.

The original promise from PN was a refund to all 4Mb and 8Mb customers who did not receive suchspeeds and who had not exceed the usage allowances on those accounts.

May I link to the following and quote the respective parts

http://www.plus.net/features/news/vision_update.shtml

We will refund customers the difference between their current service
rental price and a lower priced service with budgeted bandwidth that
matches their usage levels, back to when they upgraded to that service,
or when it was provided to them.

http://www.plus.net/features/news/janfeb_newsletter.shtml

If you're already paying for an 'up to 4Mb' or 'up to 8Mb' product and
we find that you can't get these faster speeds, and you have not
benefited directly by the higher budgeted amounts of capacity on our
network associated with your account, we'll refund any extra money that
you have paid.

Both of these show we have been saying budgeted levels from the very beginning and have not changed any rules at all.
ceridwen
Grafter

Both of these show we have been saying budgeted levels from the very beginning and have not changed any rules at all.

However, in your March newsletter you clearly said (http://www.plus.net/features/news/march_newsletter.shtml):

If you have been paying for an up to 4Mb or 8Mb broadband service and are unable to get these speeds we will refund you, providing you haven’t exceeded your usage allowances.

Are you now reneging on that commitment which was in black and white in an official newsletter you sent to customers?

Matthew
N/A

confused

Now im totally confused, i intended to post a question on the forum wondering what better value i was getting from PN for £21.99 than from other providers offering the 'same' service for a lot less.
The FAQ's have only muddied the waters even more.
Excuse my ignorance but does all this mean that i have been overcharged for a service by PN, and that I will be refunded.

Gwyn (who only wants a fast reliable broadband connection at the best value)
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

The refunds are for those paying 29.99 or 39.99.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
N/A

And only for those who are still customers when they send the refunds out?

Those who have left will surely not get a cheque?

The refunds will also apply to those on business accounts where the figures involved are higher, but still its basically the top couple of tiers of billing amounts which may be eligible.
BattleRat
Grafter

can I have a refund plz.
my upgraded upto 8meg account brearly reaches 4 .. and when it does my IP adress is dropped

router still says its showtime but I can access diddly squat without an IP address.

I usually have to reboot the router 4 or 5 times per evening.

65 quid a month .. bah humbug