cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discuss - What has happened to Broadband + at peak times 2

TAZZ69
Dabbler

well my speeds tonight are 260.21 Kbps down 375.87 Kbps up last time they were this bad was on 1/2/07 101.49 Kbps down & 167.79 Kbps up normally manage at least 2500 but runs at 4000 to 5000 no a good day
49 REPLIES
N/A

@ Godsell4 from previous topic

I'm on Broadband Premier Option 1.

It is good enough for what I want, especially off peak.
N/A

Re: Discuss - What has happened to Broadband + at peak times

well my speeds tonight are 260.21 Kbps down 375.87 Kbps up last time they were this bad was on 1/2/07 101.49 Kbps down & 167.79 Kbps up normally manage at least 2500 but runs at 4000 to 5000 no a good day

"Luxury, Bluiddy Luxury" :lol: 125 / 62 Kbps Cry
N/A

3 years with Plusnet for me and sad to say I'm off. Speeds are just abysmal and make the web unusable:

Date Speed Achieved (kbps)
21-02-2007 21:13:31 123.6
21-02-2007 21:12:04 127.6
19-02-2007 22:32:41 107.5
18-02-2007 17:55:23 123

These rates are actually lower than the bottom level adaptive rate that BT IPstream Max offers. If you sync'd at these speeds BT would class your line as unsuitable for broadband - yet I'm paying (or at least this is my last month) £14.99 a month for a service that is not even technically broadband.

Plusnet, this shows an extraordinary level of incompetance in network management and planning. You should be ashamed and you thoroughly deserve to lose a lot of previously good customers like myself.
N/A

133.6kb/s - pathetic....
Richchad
Grafter

91.81 Kbps..cr@p
N/A

I've been with +net four years now and have recommended them to many friends and family over this time. I reckon there's about seven or eight accounts currently in use that I've set up with +net (and didn't even get around to claiming all the referrals discount).

Noticed slow speeds at the start of this month, and a few calls to the helpdesk didn't get me anywhere apart from a set of wild goose chases.

It wasn't until I realised my connection catches fire at 3am that I understood it was down to the +net end. +net knew this, but didn't have the curtosey/sense to tell me. I then chanced upon these forums and realised plus net are trying to put themselves out of business.

Currently I get better speeds on GPRS than I do from this Broadband connection. My usage is well below 4Gb peak and always has been.

I'm giving it to the first week in March for them to get their act together.

If they don't, I'm off, and I'll go round all those people who I've recommended (who probably use 500Mb/month max) and change them to someone else who wants to supply broadband.
anotherbob
Grafter

127 kbps download at 21.45 tonight.
(I'm on BB+ up to 8mbps)

I did the BT test too but I'm not sure how to interpret what came up. I'd be glad f some one could explain what the following means....

IP Profile 4000kbps
DSN Connection rate 448 kbps (upstream) 4576 kbps (downstream)
IP throughput 96 kbps.

I didn't carry on because I'm not that much of a techie.

Next question is would it cost me anything to leave? I've been with PN since October 2005.
Community Veteran

The subject of the thread is discussing BB+ accounts, so assumed you felt it was related ... however, you are already on Premier!

Sure you do not have an exchange problem ? If so post in the other threads about Premier speed issues.

SW
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

wow a second thread on how cr@p PN is running ...when i rang them this evening(because im sick of opening tickets and getting text bokk replies) they didnt know anything about the problems we are all having :roll:
N/A

Next question is would it cost me anything to leave? I've been with PN since October 2005.

they want to charge me £70 to leave

£70 to leave because their service is pants or stay and put up with it
N/A

The subject of the thread is discussing BB+ accounts, so assumed you felt it was related ... however, you are already on Premier!

Sure you do not have an exchange problem ? If so post in the other threads about Premier speed issues.

SW

In the previous topic there was a shout out from a BB+ user if anyone on Premier was experiencing similar issues.

I have been quite happily downloading @ 210kbps over http (Usenet site though) but keeping within my limit. Recently this has dropped to around 10kbps during peak and 80kbps off peak.

A download from M$ kicks off at 500kbps so no probs over HTTP there.

My current usage this month is 1.85Gb on peak and 2.8Gb off peak.

I raised a ticket and was told Usenet traffic and P2P goes onto Bronze service during Peak. I think that is unfair not to mention why my speeds are so low off peak also.

However I have read that PlusNet are advising you peeps on BB+ to upgrade your accounts to PAYG etc.

So, just so you know, Premier users are suffering with speed issues also.

Thanks for the advice though, I have checked my exchange and all is green.
N/A

I did think along the same lines as poppy9's post above. The performance a large number of users are enjoying is below that of what BT rate the minimum.
I also noticed that free months are being offered to some, but not all, what the qualification is to avoid payment would be interesting to know.
I feel for those users who are being forced to leave, through a vastly substandard service, and find that they are threatened with a large fee if they do go. This bullies people into staying, continuing to pay for a product that has no place in a modern communications market.
The lack of information being given to people querying their speed issues, leading them to think that it's their equipment of connection to blame, and not that Plus are having problems meeting the demand of the products they have sold is wrong.
I feel Plus are in a crisis situation, and well intentioned customers attracted by a non-sustainable product are suffering as a result.
anotherbob
Grafter

The speed issue has me considering moving on....
Can someone tell me if I would have to pay the deferred activation (£37.60) and hardware (£20.00) charges from when I joined in October 2005?
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

At the moment yes. But at some point they will be written off after a year. The date for implementation of that change hasn't been announced.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)