cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnects....

N/A

Disconnects....

Hi

Anyone knwo why my connection seems to drop and reconnect after 10mins.
Its really annoying when playing online game as I play one then it disconnects midway through second, docking me points for disconnecting.

Is it Plus net, BT or me?

Thanks
M
7 REPLIES
N/A

Tell us more

Tell us about your setup, router type etc.

Then we might be able to diagnose whats going wrong.

random disconnects are normally caused by lossing sync with the exchange.

but as you havn't told us anything it could be anything from aliens to negative sunspots.

if this has only just started happen, it culd be that you have been moved to MAxDSL or LLU.

whats the current upstream,downstream rate also whats your DS/US Attenutation and also DS/US Signal to noise ratio.
James
Grafter

Disconnects....

Hiya,

From what I can see, you've been logged on for the last 4 hours or so. Is the problem still ongoing at your end?
N/A

Disconnects....

Im using a belkin wireless router.
The PC is connects via a usb receiver and the playstation connects directly via an RJ45 cable.

1. PC
The only way I know Ive lost a connection is because MSN messenger appears logged off after a certain time. The web browser seems to reinitiate the connection.

2. Playstation
After play for 1.5 games the link drops. I need to log off and start again but this takes a while on a PS2.

I think the disconnects/connects are so rapid that +net dont register this and think the connection is permanent

If the line is losing Sync, what can be done my end?

M
N/A

can you

Can you get the linestats from your belkin router.

it will give us a better idea of whats going.

i'm looking for the adsl status info.

this will tell you linespeed and line quality.
N/A

Disconnects....

Funnily enough (though it wasn't at the time) I have been experiencing lots of regular disconnects myself this weekend, particulary Sunday, with my Belkin wireless router. I had put it down to problems with the router itself but seeing as someone else was having the same issues I'm not so sure now...

PN recently chaged the profiling on my LLU line due to a stability problem. This has improved my gaming pings but I noticed that my router would disconnect when requesting large amounts of data (such as obtaining a multiplayer server list)...
Community Veteran

Re: Disconnects....

Hi

Anyone knwo why my connection seems to drop and reconnect after 10mins.
Its really annoying when playing online game ...

Are you sure the router is disconnecting from ADSL or you are loosing a connection to the games server?

These are two seperate problems but superficially the symptoms look the same. Sad

SW
--
3Mb FTTC
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
N/A

Disconnects....

Without a doubt they are related.