cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnections

wolfcub
Dabbler

Disconnections

OK...if I'm lucky I'll get this post finished before the next disconnect.
I've been suffering breaks in service (disconnects) for weeks and weeks, so far only a few seconds at a time causing temporary loss of service.
Today!!!! I'm lucky if I'm getting a 10 minute window of service before everything just dies! Is anybody else having a similar problem? Who do I blame and can I find a REAL human to give vent to my feelings?

I have to agree with most of what everybody is saying, complaining about - this company needs to do some serious re-thinking before it introduces any more 'services'?
5 REPLIES
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 62

Disconnections

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you're having difficulties. I notice you tried reporting a fault earlier on today but it was then closed. If you can stay online long enough try again here.

Make sure you provide all the relevant details though and follow the wizard right through to the end.

There are no service wide issues that would lead to the intermittency of your connection so this could well be a line fault or indication of a local cabling or filtering issue. Do you lose sync when the connection drops?

If you don't want to use the online fault reporting tool then there's some pretty useful suggestions here.

If it's any consolation I can see about 6 disconnects that have occurred on your line today from checking our RADIUS logs.

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

wolfcub
Dabbler

Disconnections

Hi bob,

Thanks for quick reply!

Yes it's a synch thing. Living at the end of the world we get the worst service from BT in the world!
I was thinking about changing cable and splitter next time I go shopping - just in case.
I threw out the challenge of anybody else having problems in the hope somebody close to me might solve the problem by saying yes...they had similar issues.
Normie

Disconnections

I'm having a similar problem, although I'm pretty sure it's not a sync problem (lights on router say that sync is still there).

Guess I need to check wiring, filters, etc.
orrery
Grafter

Disconnections

OK...if I'm lucky I'll get this post finished before the next disconnect.

Me too. It has been reported to F9 for weeks now and they have indicated that the ADSL appears to be set up incorrectly (which is exactly what it looks like to me) since the exchange was upgraded, but no action has been taken as yet.

I've been very tolerant thus far, but my service is barely usable at times and I'm close to becoming one of the whingers on this group.

I'd be really grateful if anyone from F9 reading this could take it up and get something sorted.

regards, Ian
Mand
Grafter

Disconnections

Hi

Your fault is currently being investigated by BT's diagnostic team, I am chasing this at the moment, and expect to receive an update shortly.