cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnections issue

N/A

Disconnections issue

Hi. Within the past 12 months, I’ve had to replace micro filters and cabling due to figuring out these were problems to my disconnections. Doing this solved the problems. My connection is again for the 2nd time within 12/18 months disconnecting me whenever it feels like (doing it now so ive had to write this post in word and copy and paste it). It’s the norm for me to have 2-3 disconnections a week maximum. I know this as I had 2-3 disconnections weekly with BT. My question is could a bad quality phone line cause broadband products to deteriate? Also, samknows.com reports, “There appears to a compatibility issue with your phone line. This could be caused by an existing DSL connection, ISDN, a DACS unit, TPON, a pending ADSL order or many other common issues”. What does that mean?

Thanks for your help.
8 REPLIES
craigbrass
Grafter

Disconnections issue

Firstly I'll address the last issue Cool

SamKnows says that because you already have broadband on the line. It won't be causing this problem.

The more likely cause to this problem is the disconnections problem with LLU customers which is still affecting my connection. See http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=2&support_action=messages&ispservice_id=adsldial and other forum posts for more details. All we can do is sit back and wait really.
N/A

Disconnections issue

Hi,

Do you know if your on BT Max or Tiscali-LLU?

I believe you can tell if you try and run the BT speed test. If it works your Max'd, if not, your Tiscali-LLU.

Another way is to look at your US (Up Stream) speed. If its 448 (aprox) it's Max if its 550+ its Tiscali.

If it turns out your on Tiscali there is a known problem with random disconnects.

NB. The US figures may be a little out.
N/A

Disconnections issue

tiscali LLU is not available at my exchange so i know i havent been transferred to Tiscali. I should hope that i have not been Maxed as i opted out. My modem is tellin 1152kbps down and 288kbps up so i dont think its anything to do with Max and LLU. On 'Pontypridd' Exchange.
craigbrass
Grafter

Disconnections issue

No, that is not Max or LLU. Just standard BT Wholesale provided ADSL.

As this is the case, raise a ticket saying this is happening and have it investigated.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Re: Disconnections issue

My question is could a bad quality phone line cause broadband products to deteriate?

Short answer is, yes, it can.

Longer answer is that it could be caused by a number of things. I presume the connection is losing sync (normally indicated by a flashing ADSL light) then there sort of thing it could be would include the phone line itself, the copper can degrade over time or can be affected by the weather (I've seen many lines suffer from water damage for example), there's the internal wiring and filters, anything set incorrectly here can easily cause disconnections, the following page is useful:

http://usertools.plus.net/tutorials/id/13

There's also the stanger things that can cause problems like this such as street, security, traffic and Christmas lights, central heating and other stuff that can cause interference.
N/A

Disconnections issue

Christmas lights

Already?!?!
craigbrass
Grafter

Disconnections issue

Christmas lights

Already?!?!

There is nothing wrong with being early Cheesy
N/A

Disconnections issue