cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconnection - 30 days notice? Whatever!

N/A

Just tried to cancel PN and they say they cant do it until the 25th July! Oh come on, we connect to our new ISP on the 27th July.

I thought PN just required 30 days notice? I mean, 25th July, it only took Tiscali 5 weeks, so why do PN need 7 weeks?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Probably because of your 12 month contract period.
James
Grafter

Hi there,

That date will be the end of your next billing, so that you are not paying for a whole month, and not receiving the service.

It makes sense really, just sometimes causes confusion. The actual cancellation order only takes 5 working days. If you urgently need it done beforehand, I can have this done for you.
N/A

Hi there, thanks for the quick reply mate Cheesy

Sorry about the confusion there, ideally i would like to be off by the end of this billing month if at all possible, something like the 20-25th June would be very nice if its at all possible.

We are moving to TalkTalk, which as you may be aware are giving out very vague connection dates, so really they are saying any time in July for connection, which means i would like to be off this service for July if that is possible.

Thanks again for any help in this issue.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

Will you migrating to them using a Mac key? If so then they should be able to set the transfer date. If we issue a cease on the line then you wouldn't be able to migrate, you'd need to pay for a new activation and have at least a week's downtime.

The request for cancellation/migration starts the 1 month notice period, if you are migrating then we'll keep the account active until you actually migrate across.
N/A

No, we are actually cancelling Dave so are actually clearing the ADSL line and then reconnecting.

Most of the details have been brought up in ticket ID 19535575, all except an actual cancellation date.