Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disconections

oakuka
Grafter

Disconections

Hi there,
I have a problem, I get disconect in the evenings alot, from 10pm tonight till now i have been disconected. During the day it is fine, it just seams to be in the late eveing, and some nights it will do it the once, and some nights like tonight it keeps happening.
Its only happened in the last month or so, and ive been with Plusnet for years, on the same line.

Im using a Speedtouch ASDL 330 Silver modem, Windows XP Pro sp2.

Ive used the support for plusnet and they say my line is fine, but when i look at the modem after i have been disconected, the USB light stays green, and the ASDL Light goes red (Flashing) then after 10 - 20 seconds it reverts back to green, and i am able to connect again.
They offerd that BT can check the line, but there maybe a £50 charge for this.
Also the speeds in off-peak are very slow.

Im greatful for any help.
Oakuka
4 REPLIES
Kakkoii
Grafter

Disconections

Do you have Sky?
oakuka
Grafter

Disconections

Yeah we did. That was on the same line, our service has stoped, but i think its all still connected. i.e dish, box, line.
Liam
Grafter

Disconections

Couple of things to try.

1) Are you plugged into the master telephone socket in your home? If not, can you try it plugged directly into the master socket?

2) Are you able to unplug all other equipment from the line to see if the same thing continues to happen. This would include telephones, faxes, Sky boxes etc.. etc..

3) If it continues after you have done 1 and 2, is there any way you could try with an alternative modem or router - just to rule out any potential issue with the equipment itself?

This will eliminate any internal factors (as BT will only cover from their equipment upto the master socket. It will also rule in or out any dodgy microfilters that you might have connected.

If those tests are possible, let me know how they go and we can raise a fault through to BT if it still happens.
oakuka
Grafter

Disconections

I can try one and two, but i dont have access to another modem. I will try the susgeted ideas, thanks.
I'll get back to you and let you know.
Thanks again.