cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disatisfied customer

N/A

Disatisfied customer

i filled out all the registration forms and payed by credit card on the 27 november expecting the everything to be ready 7 - 10 later as it said that if you paid by credit card process would begin straight away (what a joke). 3 weeks on and i still waiting. I was given the date of the monday 8 december to receive the modem and for the line to be activated i didn't receive the modem so on the tuesday i phoned up to be told that my order had some how got lost (apparently BT's fault lol) and that i would have to wait even longer even though i paid them a month line rental up front and £12 p&p (con). the customer service staff told me two completely different stories one said their was no problem another blamed BT. I've just checked the adsl tracker (which is impossible to find as their seems to be no links to it) to find that apparently i have to wait as their is no stock of modems. My advice to anybody whos thinking of signing up with plus net don't bother their incompetent. plus net more like shit net

[Moderator's note (by acarr): Changed topic title. Contained ofensive words causing the swear filter to make the thread un-viewable. Please to not use offensive words, regardless of your bad experiances]
16 REPLIES
N/A

Disatisfied customer

If true, this ongoing problem of out of stock modems is beyond belief. Its been going on for ages, despite claims and promise's that it's been solved. Somebody's head needs to roll. Coupled with the outrages rip off P+P charge it's a disgrace. I guess Plusnet buy them from abroad somewhere, maybe it's time to look a bit nearer home or get a better supplier. There cheap enough anyway, so why try to save a few quid, and upset new subscribers and damage your reputation in the process by keeping folk waiting. Refunding customers payments for time they can't connect must be eating into any saving made anyway.
Community Veteran

Disatisfied customer

Hardware has never been PlusNet's strongest point.

AFAIK PlusNet's ADSL hardware orders are handled by Insight, PlusNet's parent company.

I think it would save a lot of hastle all round if PlusNet bought stocks of hardware and sent them out themselves.

Chris
N/A

Disatisfied customer

I think the problem here was a lack of communication
between the two support staff and the customer. Had
he been made aware that there was a shortage and
perhaps given the opportunity to purchase his own modem,
rather than wait three weeks, then the problem might have
been avoided. A simple email would suffice for customers who
have to wait. ( This is of course asuming that the problem was
the lack of modems and not BT ,which could be another
explanation)
N/A

Disatisfied customer

Ian Wild has just mentioned somthing on ADSL Guide relating to modem shortages.

Apparently, the status code returned for low stocks from the supplies is the same code returned when the delivery system shows a failed postcode lookup.

They are looking into ways to fix this.

However, you may wish to phone PlusNet and check that your postcode is correct, or arange an alternate delivery location.
Ianwild
Grafter

Disatisfied customer

Hiya,

Having looked at this, I can see that the problem lies solidly between both us and BT. It seems as though, when we originally placed your order, it was rejected by BT with a postcode error. Your postcode also got rejected by our suppliers system, but in the scheme of things this has not caused any further problems, although it did result in the temporary 'out of stock' message you saw. I'm unsure as to why your post code was rejected, do you live in a new property?

Following your order rejection, we placed a manual order with BT. At this stage we dropped the ball as your order did not get acknowledged by them. Acknowledgements on manual orders can take 2 - 3 days and as a result the process is very difficult to manage, however there are no excuses for us failing in this area. It wasn't until the 9th that this problem was recognised and a third order sent to BT. At that time, the order was accepted and your ADSL activation date was set for tomorrow, when your modem is also due to arrive.

I can confirm that you will not be billed for the time when you have been unable to use the service, as your account is not yet active. I also offer my apologies for the delay here. I would like to find out what the problem with your postcode is as I would like to take action to learn from this experience and ensure that we deal with the same situation more effectively next time. I have also escalated the problem of poor management of manual orders to our provisioning manager.

Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Disatisfied customer

AFAIK PlusNet's ADSL hardware orders are handled by Insight, PlusNet's parent company.

INSIGHT!!! Please tell me your making that up.. as in Insight the hardware suppliers...

I took insight to court once (and won!) for refusing to give me a refund for a faulty motherboard... It wouldnt have been so bad apart from i had also ordered 2 monitors from them, and after not receiving them 5 days later called to ask where they were to be told that the delivery firm couldnt find the business address. Eventually found out that it was a delivery firm based at the end of the same road as our company, and considering we were the largest holiday company at gatwick airport, i find it a little hard to believe they couldnt find the place.. (Only 11,000 cars, cant miss it!!.. at the end of one of those things.. what are they called... oh yeah runways!! ) Anyhow, the parcel firm sent the monitors back to Insight, who kept the money and the monitors and wanted more money to resend them!

They are absolutely useless at shipping, their tech support is rubbish and they are the most incompetent muppets under the sun... If your buying modems from them no wonder youve got problems.

Oh god please tell me plus.net is nothing todo with them, after i was thinking they were soooo good...

/me bangs his head on the table...
N/A

Disatisfied customer

Err, what could be more worrying is "Insight - PARENT COMPANY". I thought +Net was the parent company
I still remember Affinity Internet............
N/A

Disatisfied customer

INSIGHT!!! Please tell me your making that up.. as in Insight the hardware suppliers...

Looks that way....

http://www.plus.net/info2/about.html
N/A

Disatisfied customer

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... my worst nightmares have just come true..

But what i need to know now then is... your a seperate company right?? Your only financially backed by them and your not actually part of insight..right? ... please... please tell me your not.. oh the shame of it...

Theres truely no hope for the internet if you are the same company.. Sad

And that would explain why their modem supplier is so useless.. insight.. All you need todo from now on whenever theres a modem back log is just say that one word "insight" and people will immediately know why theres a delay. coz theyre muppets. Would save alot of explaining!
Ianwild
Grafter

Disatisfied customer

Hi Guys,

Insight UK are our Sister company. Insight (As in the US company) are our parent company. We do have a very autonomous relationship (Although we actually share the same building!) and really, in terms of hardware, we have the same relationship as we would with any supplier. In fact, previously we used eBuyer and in a comparison I can promise you I would rather be dealing with who we are now!

Insight are one of the UKs largest hardware retailers (Since buying Action) and normally score pretty well in the industry press (Just as we do!). Every supplier will have problems from time to time, but at the end of the day you can't blame the suppliers directly for equipment problems or delivery problems. We chose the equipment we supply to customers (Insight just manage the postage and packing) and the delivery company (Now Citylink) are normally OK - certainly a cut above the previous couriers anyway (Parcelforce). We also provide the tech support and everything else, so you really should not have to worry about who our suppliers are. Rest assured that if we felt the incidence of problems was too high with a specific outsourced company, we would address that at the highest level and would have no quarms about moving our buisiness away if the need demanded...

With Regards,

Ian
N/A

Disatisfied customer

Citylink... NOOOOOOO.. Citylink... theyre the ones who couldnt find the business location even though it was at the end of the same road their main depot was on!! :?

Do you provide them with a map each time they have to deliver a parcel Tongue
Ianwild
Grafter

Disatisfied customer

LOL! Seriously, Citylink are OK compared to a couple I have experianced. The conclusion we have come to though is that it differes significantly depending on your local office.

Anway, I like to look at real problems and there isn't one here - Lets talk about this when something relevant comes up!

Regards,

Ian
N/A

Disatisfied customer

"...previously we used eBuyer..."

Not much of an achievement, being better the ebuyer. It's damning with faint praise really.
Ianwild
Grafter

Disatisfied customer

LOL! No...

Your feedback and suggestions are always welcome - Throw some names about!

Regards,