cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling Peer2peer on PlusNet Broadband Plus

N/A

Hello there

First time post hoping a Plusnet rep or someone clued up can help.

I am currrently running a wireless network sharing the £14.99 package with housemates. 4 of us have decided not to use any 'file-sharing' programs due to bandwith issues as well as avoiding any possible copyright infringements.

However, I have a fifth housemate who I do not know so well and who I know is running a file sharing program. I have told her not too but would feel more at ease if she were unable to access such programs. I remember reading somewhere where plusnet could disable file sharing- perhaps by closing certain ports. All my net stuff is in my name and I am paranoid as hell she is up to no good (although that is almost certainly ridiculously misplaced paranoia)- she is not computer literate so hopefully if the switch was flicked off so to speak she wouldnt search out why and how.

Can anybody help? Is there a way of stopping people connecting to such servers e.g. Kazaa, Ares etc.

Thanks for anyhelp-NB no one has done anything wrong I am not incriminating myself.

Greg
4 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

What you are looking for is the "Surf" option, located under "Connection Settings" on the left hand side.

Switch it on, and P2P should be gone.
csogilvie
Grafter

I suspect you'll need to reconnect the router first though Smiley
LiamM
Grafter

and after..... Tongue

And welcome to the forums!
N/A

"reconnect" as in simply turn off my router and then back on again?- It is a Linksys WAG54 V1.2 if that helps.

I have already upgraded my firmware.

Thanks

Greg
ps it def blocks all peer2peer? I think she is running Ares