Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Direct Debit Payment..NOT HAPPY

Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Hi

Can someone tell me why I have been charged 17.99 for this months payment. I am on 14.99 PAYG, and using RIN, therefore data transfer watch dod not work. I went over my 2Gb limit, and was told I would be charged 1.80 I therefore thought I may be doing this more often, so upgraded my package to the 4Gb included useage. And preumed I would still be charged the 1.80 extra. My bill hoever states the following:-

Account Billing (2007-06-07 to 2007-07-06) £12.76 £2.23 £14.99
1 4GB Included Data Transfer Charge From 07/06/2007 £1.28 £0.22 £1.50
1 Include Data Transfer Upgrade Charge On 07/06/2007 £1.28 £0.22 £1.50

WHAT THE HELL IS THIS UPGRADE CHARGE!!!! If I knew I was going to be charged, I would not have upgraded. I am NOT HAPPY. I have stuck with PlusNet through thick and thin and this is how loyalty is repaid, absolute disgrace. I realise 1.50 is not alot, but its the principle of the matter. If you do not agree to refund this, then I will be asking for a MAC and be off Evil Evil
3 REPLIES
N/A

When you upgrade your usage you will automatically be charged for the current and next billing month. i.e. you will see this charge twice when billed.

The reason is that if you are going to exceed your usage allowance for the current month you can increase the usage and only be charged the £1.50 instead of £1.80.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 1

Thanks.

Well I only got charged 1.50 for the increase in useage, but surely they should make it a bit clearer on the bill, it seems like I have been charged for the privilige of upgrading!!
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,

I'll look to get this clarified on the upgrade page, as I can see that it might cause some confusion.

The reason you are charged two lots of additional bandwidth is for the current month (at the cheaper rate) and for the coming month (as you pay in advance). Going forwards you will be billed the new price for your combined package.