cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dire connection.

N/A

Dire connection.

In the last few days, my network connection has become awful. It's taking sites ages to load -- all sites, including PlusNet's, and including sites by IP. If someone starts downloading something everyone else can forget about using the net, not to mention the fact that speeds of over 100K are now unheard of. On an 8Mb connection, synced at 7648/448 Kbps, I expect a lot better.

I have tried reconnecting the router, but that doesn't help. I ran the speedtest.net thing and here's the result:

and
9 REPLIES
chrisc
Grafter

Dire connection.

Can you complete a speedtest at the BT Speedtester.

This will show us the IP profile that BT have assigned to your line and your throughput speed.

We can then have a further look at this for you.
N/A

Dire connection.

Here're the results:
IP profile for your line is - 6500 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 7648 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1196 kbps
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Dire connection.

This could be due to the hot topic of the week RWIN.

Try having a look at this page and try out some of the suggestions to see if you can push that up.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Dire connection.

A) What you're recommending appears to need a program installed on my computer. When not everyone here uses Windows, that wouldn't be possible.

B) The issue has only occurred in the last few days. I don't see, therefore, how the RWIN setting can be the issue as it would surely have always been this bad.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Dire connection.

Well that was only a suggestion I made, obviously it does not apply in all circumstances.

I have just double checked your account from here and everything is set correctly on our side to allow a 6.5Mb throughput. I would advise raising this as a speed fault to us, ensuring you supply BT speed test results when requested.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Dire connection.

The fault system automatically closes my ticket due to the exchange status being red.
sophos9
Grafter

Dire connection.

I'm assuming you know what a red status at an exchange means?
N/A

Dire connection.

Yes, but it's been red for ages, and the low speeds have only come about in the last few days.
sophos9
Grafter

Dire connection.

Hmm.... what a pain for you, nothing is really going to get sorted until the VP's are good again :roll:

BT hey..