cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different speed problem on LLU

churtonst31
Grafter

I know there are lots of significant problems with LLU - but I think what I am sufferring sounds different to the others. I would be interested to hear if anyone can offer an explanation:

We sync at 8000kb/s and usually enjoy speeds of about 6500kb/s down and 500kb/s up.

However, after a day of being connected the service becomes much slower. Reseting the modem/routing equipment (ZyXEL 2602HWL) resets the speed back to normal.

Some data:

After a day: 1,694kb/s
Reset: 6,482kb/s

After a day: 3,358kb/s
Reset: 6,529kp/s

This happens regardless of time of day.

I suppose it could be the connection or the hardware. It's a brand new router running latest firmware etc so can't see why there should be this problem. Could it be the connection?

Simon
2 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi Simon,

If it's just the throughput that's decreasing and it comes back to normal after a reboot I would suspect the problem is caused by the router. At least from experience that's what I've generally seen with problems like this (which isn't many to be honest).

If you can try a different router then that should prove this one way or the other.
churtonst31
Grafter

Thanks Dave. I've emailed ZyXEL in the hope of meaningful response from them. I'm not hopeful!