cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Usage times

N/A

Different Usage times

Hello

Ive just checked my usage and seen there is a new option.

I now have

8am to 4pm usage this month:
4pm to midnight usage this month:
Total usage this month:

Is the 8am to 4pm classed as peak ? why the different section ?

I am now paying £30 a month on a premier account. Just wondering what my limits are for each time section.

Thanks

Sion
5 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Different Usage times

Full details of the traffic management that is in place are available on this page, which should hopefully explain things fully for you.
ukbrown
Grafter

Different Usage times

Why do the silver and bronze queues on this page hold the same types of traffic, what differentiates the two ?
ukbrown
Grafter

Different Usage times

If I download 20Gb out of peak hours using P2P does this count towards my clean limit ? or is it only peak hour traffice that counts towards my clean amount ?

When is the view my usage tool going to show what you have downloaded againsts your clean limit ?

Why is all the publicity about 8am until midnight being peak hours ?, previous announcements have stated that this was likely to be changed back to 16:00 until midnight ?

HAve PN changed their minds again ?
JonathanW
Grafter

Different Usage times

If you transfer it out of peak hours, then it doesn't count towards your clean usage for the month, only the traffic transferedduring peak hours counts.

VMBU is there as a guideline only, and currently breaks the day down into three sections, so you have something to base your usage off.

At the moment it does run from 8am - midnight, but as we get the system automated we are still hoping to reduce this back to 4pm - midnight.
ukbrown
Grafter

Different Usage times

Thanks, my other question was

Why do the silver and bronze queues on this page hold the same types of traffic, what differentiates the two ?