cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Different Allowances??

N/A

Different Allowances??

Currently I am on Broadband Premier (£21.99 a month) with 2mb line. Now I haven't read everything about the upgrade that is going on as to be honest it is all rather confusing to me. But, I have noticed that with the 8Mb line there is a 15gb allowance.

Surely this doesn't seem right?? Increase speeds but DECREASE the allowance? With faster speeds I would expect the allowance to be increased.

I am aware that there is the whole peak/off-peak plan in place, but I have no ideas what hours these are between and what the limits are for each. Could somebody please let me know what the hours/limits are or post a link to somewhere that tells me this.

If I can get a time management plan then I can start putting schedules on my downloads....

Much appreciated Smiley
5 REPLIES
Midville
Grafter

Different Allowances??

Community Veteran

Different Allowances??

Peak was 8am -> midnight for some of the heavy protocols but this is being reduced to 4pm -> mignight on the new products and in line the the halving of the peak period, the peak allowance has also been halved hence 15GB.

Yes it is complicated and it;s no surprise that everyone is confused by it.

For a slightly clearer picture see:

http://usergroup.plus.net/sup_calc.php (for those on the new products)
http://usergroup.plus.net/sup_calc_pre0406.php for those still on the old.
N/A

Different Allowances??

So I am right in thinking that if I was to use the connection between midnight and 4pm then there is nothing effecting my allowance and I could download 500gb without incurring any penalties? Anything between 4pm-midnight would be when the limit is effected and I am then penalized for going over the 15gb limit? (Once the new package takes effect)

With the current package, does the time limit still sit at 8am-midnight as peak and midnight-8am as off peak?

Thanks for the help Smiley
Community Veteran

Different Allowances??

Yes to all those. Not everyone has switched over to the new products yet so many are still on the 8am->midnight peak and old SUP/traffic management allowances so make sure you know you are on the new product before assuming peak starts at 4pm

There is no off-peak limit wth the new allowances but as always the AUP can kick in and PN may have words about your usage.
N/A

Different Allowances??

Thanks. I can at least put some time management onto my Bit-torrent software to pause all downloads during peak times.