cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Difference between 1 & 2 mb speed

N/A

I do not game. Use the net mostly for info and newsgroup. Occassionally d/load from groups. Would I notice any marked difference if I went on to 1mb

Tony
8 REPLIES
Ben_Brown
Grafter

Hi there,

What account do you have (Premier/PAYG/Plus) and what speed is it?
N/A

Ben,

Thanks for reply. However with all due respect to you I was considering another ISP which did not hamper newgroup downloads and if I were to change to 1mb with no controlling of download speed as controlled by plusnet would I be better off if you with a slower speed but no slowing of newsgroup downloads? if know what I mean. Thanks again

Tony
Community Veteran

In that case you should provide more information for other users to help you and PlusNet's customer feedback forum isn't the right place to be asking. Why not take a look at ADSL Guide's details of other ISPs.

Chris
N/A

Thanks Chris,

Not being technical I did not think the question was so difficult.

Is 1 mb unhampered better than 2 mb controlled by supplier??

Thanks

Tony
Ben_Brown
Grafter

This really isn't the place to be asking this. Please try somewhere like ADSLGuide that Chris has suggested for information about other ISPs.
N/A

1mb to 2mb speed

I have just migrated from 1mb to 2mb and tell you the truth, I dont really see any difference although all speed test show a lot faster upload and download speed.
N/A

For web browsing, you wont generally see much difference between 1mb & 2mb, however if you are downloading files then obviously your 2mb connection will be faster ,providing the server you are downloading the files from is a speedy one.
N/A

No difference at all. You'll still get 512k speeds even if you were on 24mb connection. Its the way PN is..