cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Did your connection go down yesterday?

N/A

Sometime during the course of early Tuesday morning my internet connection went kerflooie and I needed to reboot and reset the router. Only to find that while I have my connection running normally on the pc, neither of the two laptops can pick up a connection from the router now. Everything was going along swimmingly until the connection went bellup and now the laptops can't connect. So am I the only one who had connection problems or has it happened to someone else. To be honest a 7 day turnaround for tickets raised due to connection issues is quite frankly pathetic - so I hope you guys can help here.
14 REPLIES
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Raising a ticket is not going to help the connection between your laptop and router. That's an internal problem your end. Try rebooting the router and laptops again.
___oDiN__
Grafter

there was some maintenence in the morning which was likely the reason for your disconnect, it you are online with one pc still it would suggest that the problem lies at your end as your internet is working, are the laptops connected wirelessly? have you checked in the router config the wireless is enabled if so, ive seen it where reboots of routers have turned wireless off, have you checked the ip ranged of the laptops to make sure they are on the same range as the router ie 192.168.x.x not 169.x.x.x as sometimes happens if they cannot get a correct ip.

hope this helps

you could just try a restart of the router again too
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I'm wondering if it may be that the router didn't reconnect properly (may be defaulted to a BT login) - have you check it's been assigned the correct PN IP address?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

Also, it might be an idea to try doing a factory reset? There's normally a pin sized hole at the back of the router you need to press for about 10-15 seconds.
N/A

Aye well that's the rub. I've actually done a reset of the box. I guess I'll just have to try resetting it again I suppose.
N/A

Yeh, I got disconnected early Tuesday morning too, around 2am.

My modem/router wouldn't let me connect for 10-15 minutes. Then when it did connect. I was sort of half connected to the web, some dns's weren't resolving etc.

Anyway, things are back to normal Smiley
force

My line also died about midnight and didnt come back until 2pm yesterday - router was in sync but no traffic - was this to do with the authentication issues plusnet reported yesterday ?- if it was im surprised more people werent affected and havent posted something on here.
N/A

Well it makes me feel better that I'm not the only one experiencing problems then. I really wish PlusNet would send out service e-mails to let you know the connection will be disrupted if it's a foreseeable disruption. Even reading an e-mail after the event is a lot better than no e-mail at all.
Mand
Grafter

There were authentication issues yesterday morning, meaning customers would receive username/password errors when trying to connect. This was resolved just before 14.00 so looks like some of you may have been affected. However there were service status updates on this around 9am yesterday morning.

As for non-authentication issues there should have been no problem re getting connected or reconnecting, did you lose sync?
Community Veteran

I really wish PlusNet would send out service e-mails

Have you signed up for emails here?
N/A

No I hadn't and that's really helpful to know. I had no idea - no idea - you could subscribe for such messages. I wonder why because I've been with plus net for about 3 1/2 years and it's the first time it's ever been brought to my attention. It would be handy for me except I don't expect to be with PlusNet much longer than another 5 or 6 weeks. But I guess it's usefull in the meantime. Cheers again.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Full quote of preceding post removed as per the Link:rules
N/A

Something weird though. My VMU says I've actually used 594.48MB worth of traffic since 12:00am last night and worth of traffic 1.17mb since 8:00am today.

Seeing as how my pc wasn't even on after 11:30pm last night, the pc isn't on at all today and the laptops have gone belly up - I really don't see how I can have used all this traffic because nothing's switched on. And I'd be amazed if I've been hacked as I'm paranoid about security.

Anyone have any explanation for this - has it happened to you?
Community Veteran

If you've got a router that's left on even when the PCs are off there will be some traffic - but not as much as you're reporting.

Is your router wireless and if so do you have it locked down to only allow particular MAC addresses to access it?
N/A

Hell yes,around 10 times my modem/router reset due to outage...... Was playing on games.com as well and so my rep has now been ruined due to this