cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dialup for ADSL users

N/A

Dialup for ADSL users

Unfortunately my ADSL has been down for two days now.

but i was thinking, don't you think it's fair for plus.net to let ADSL subscribers use the unmetered dial-up service if their ADSL service has gone down?

it's incredibly frustrating having to pay for a service that is not working and be forced to pay for pay-as-you-go dialup charges at the same time.

come on plus.net, it's only fair...

what do other people think?
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Dialup for ADSL users

yes i completely agree with you on this, but i think it would put more strain on Plusnets service, i dont think they could do that without making the monthly adsl charge higher..
N/A

This should be the case, or atleast offer a respectable compensation amount. Afterall, we are the consumer and if we miss payment or an error occurs somewhere, we get disconnected and then possibly have to pay re-connection fees and such like.

Whether or not they are actually bothered though is another matter.

It is the same as the Customer support phone line. You spend anywhere between 15 and 45 mins waiting, to either get told information that is wrong, mis-informed or just dam useless.

It wouldnt be to bad if Plusnet actually offered some recompence without us having to complain and reqeust such things.

N/A

Mentioned this rather vigorusly when I first signed up and I had no connection for 19 days.

All I ever got was "it is not company policy" but I still think that if you are paying plusnet for an always on ADSL connection then a free number to connect at 56k would be appropriate.

Maybe if a few more ADSL subscribers posted here then plusnet might even hear the voices.

Any comment plusnet?

--
Reset
N/A

> Mentioned this rather vigorusly when I first signed up and I had no connection for 19 days.
>
> All I ever got was "it is not company policy" but I still think that if you are paying plusnet for an always on ADSL connection then a free number to connect at 56k would be appropriate.
>
> Maybe if a few more ADSL subscribers posted here then plusnet might even hear the voices.
>
> Any comment plusnet?
>
>
>
> --
> Reset

If you don't get a reply within a couple of hours of posting the message then you will get no reply at all. I think the technical support team think it is clever to just ignore their customers when they have problems with the service that they are paying for.
N/A

> Unfortunately my ADSL has been down for two days now.
>
> but i was thinking, don't you think it's fair for plus.net to let ADSL subscribers use the unmetered dial-up service if their ADSL service has gone down?
>
> it's incredibly frustrating having to pay for a service that is not working and be forced to pay for pay-as-you-go dialup charges at the same time.
>
> come on plus.net, it's only fair...
>
> what do other people think?

Hi there,

Shaun is correct in stating that if we were to offer this facility the price of the accounts would have to be increased as it wouldn't be feasible at the current price.

We can understand your frustrations when faults occur, if the fault is a case of the service never having worked from activation then we can pursue BT to have the invoice date amended on your account for the period of downtime.

Regards,
Rob

| Robert Kelly...............Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support......................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd............@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----- +

N/A

surely it wouldn't cost plus.net much, unless there are LOTS of ADSL users without access! Smiley

note:
my ADSL has been running more or less ok since april, it inexplicably went down some time on wednesday.

no-one has seemed to have looked at the problem since thursday moring either! (Problem ID:5412454)
N/A

ignore the last bit of the last message! Smiley

i replaced the telephone cable and the ADSL started working, it's a bit strange the modem and telephone attached to the same phone line going through the same bit of cable worked, but the ADSL didn't!