cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dial Tests

N/A

Dial Tests

My account has had a hard limit applied to it of 256Kbps.

PN have now just asked me to allow them to do a third (yes, 3rd) dial test and this time they want 24 hours to do it in!

Has anyone else ever been given a 24 hour time window for a dial test?

I think its a ridiculous request... my first one was 12 hours... just turn off overnight, quite happy to do that. The second one was done in 20 minutes as the guy said he would do it straight away. Now... 24 hours!?

I pay for a 2Mbps connection and I am getting 256Kbps... I will not have a connection at all for 24 hours, and PN keep closing unresolved tickets...

Every time I call up I get a different reason for what has happened, but no one seems to be willing to help!

Anyone else think this is an unreasonable timeframe?

Why can they not just call up when they want to do the test, I can disconnect for an hour and everyone is happy? Sad
14 REPLIES
csogilvie
Grafter

Re: Dial Tests

Anyone else think this is an unreasonable timeframe?

Not really... they may want to try it at various points in the day, or when certain staff are available and have no gurantee when that would be etc.

Why can they not just call up when they want to do the test, I can disconnect for an hour and everyone is happy?

You may not be in, you may be in bed (and I know I wouldn't want to be woken up) etc.
N/A

they may want to try it at various points in the day, or when certain staff are available and have no gurantee when that would be etc.

You don't know when your staff will be in!? wow... smooth management that is!
JonathanW
Grafter

Dial Tests

Hi,

This is most likely due to the reduced staffing during the christmas period. As such the appropriate staff might not be available inside the usual time frames.

Edit: To correct spelling.
N/A

Dial Tests

they have done 2 dialtests over the past 3-4 days... one yesterday... surely there were less staff then?
JonathanW
Grafter

Dial Tests

They would have been carried out by regular agents. Its possible that this has now been raised through internally to someone who has more access to the network in order to find out exactly what is happening with your connection.
N/A

Dial Tests

goscombtech

Count yourself lucky they are dealing with your query. I've been waiting 7 days for a reply.
N/A

Dial Tests

Count yourself lucky they are dealing with your query. I've been waiting 7 days for a reply.

i suggest using the phone... they can't ignore you then!
csogilvie
Grafter

You don't know when your staff will be in!? wow... smooth management that is!

I don't have any staff... I don't work for PlusNet.
N/A

Dial Tests

i suggest using the phone... they can't ignore you then!

Mate, I've tried the phone. I've called them several times this Christmas period only to be greeted by nochalant staff who couldn't two f's cos,

"hey, it's Christmas so why are you bothering us. I'm pee'd as it is that I'm working even though I'm getting double, triple pay for it. Therefore I'll just be as unhelpful as I can because I have to work even though I'm being paid to."

Joke is the staff who give their time for free on the forums are a million times more helpful & polite than the muppets who answer the phone & get paid to do that.

Good luck with getting your problem sorted mate. Don't expect anything to be resolved until at least tomorrow. (According to the CS team.)
Community Veteran

Dial Tests

pscarlett,

I realise your obviously not very happy at the moment but please leave comments like muppets away from these forums. You don't know what every person who deals with phone support at PlusNet is like and nor can you reliabily make comments about how much people are paid over the festive season so please don't talk as if its fact.

Chris
N/A

Dial Tests

Many customers have received a far from stella service / attitude this Christmas period from the CS team so excuse us if we say the word "muppet" if we have continually been treated like dirt everytime we have called since the 21st Dec.

As for making comments on what they are being paid the fact is they are being paid & should deal with customers correctly over Christmas & not have a nochalant attitude like you (the customer) doesn't have the right to call as it's Christmas.

If the CS staff don't wanna be there they should go on the sick or get a job which doesn't involve working the Christmas period.
jagger
Grafter

Dial Tests

Could it be,I wonder,if the customer support staff always respond like this when they get called muppets. :shock:
Community Veteran

Dial Tests

Since I don't work for Plusnet, I'd say that pretty much throws that arugment out of the window. Calling anyone a muppet in these forums is not welcome and is uncalled for, thats not what these forums are for. They are for community based support, help and constructive feedback inline with the rules of the forums.

Chris
lank111
Grafter

Dial Tests

the plusnet support team is trained, paid and monitored to do a great service, even if some problems arrise with the issue your having.

i'd like to see you try to fix 1000's of broadband connections over a national holiday when staff levels are low.

if plusnet was doing a bad job like you say, would't they be watched by ofcom? like bulldog was/is?

plusnet are one of the best isp's i've seen and im a isp bike, ive been around da block! plus do try to provide the best possable service!