cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device to alert you of another caller when online (Part 2)

Claremac
Grafter

Device to alert you of another caller when online (Part 2)

Hi,
I posted last week concerning this. Sorry for the delay (a four-year old son with chickenpox had something to do with this!). The device in qustion is the Internat Alert Call Manager (IACM 4000) and I have found it very useful. If you get a call while online, you can see who is calling. You can choose to ignore it and the device stores the number for you to ring later. Or you can answer it and when you want to go back online you hit the Refresh button (IE6) and go back to where you left off.

The only drawbacks are having to have both Call Waiting and Caller ID enabled which costs around £6 per quarter. Also, I think you have to have a phone plugged into the device. I had an old one so plugged this in.

The IACM 4000 costs around £40. I bought it from www.otherlandtoys.co.uk but you can find other suppliers on the Web using "IACM 4000" as a search term. For further information you can download the User Guide (19 A5 pages) from www.comtech.co.uk.

Regards,
Clare
2 REPLIES
Claremac
Grafter

RE: Device to alert you of another caller when online (Part

Sorry! The URL for Comtech is wrong on the previous post. The correct one is www.ctl-bolton.com/pages/iacm4000.htm. This gives you the info and the User Guide can be found by clicking on Instruction Manuals on the left-hand side.

Apologies again.
Clare
N/A

RE: Device to alert you of another caller when online (Part

Thanks for the information.

Thanks
Chris
--
| Chris Rugen ............................... Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Senior Technical Consultant ................... for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd .......................... http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet ----------