cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deterministic Network Enhancer

N/A

Deterministic Network Enhancer

I changed my DNS settings to 212.159.13.49 & 50 and everything's working fine at the mo'.

It seems to have caused the installation of "Deterministic Network Enhancer" accompanied by warnings about "unsigned drivers".
GA
7 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Deterministic Network Enhancer

> I changed my DNS settings to 212.159.13.49 & 50 and everything's working fine at the mo'.
>
> It seems to have caused the installation of "Deterministic Network Enhancer" accompanied by warnings about "unsigned drivers".
> GA

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. Simply amending your DNS settings should not in anyway cause extra software to be installed. Have you installed any other software or changed other Windows settings recently?

Kind Regards,
Rob
--
| Robert Kelly.....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support...................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd...........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
N/A

No - as I ok'd the change my system came up with the install dialogues and a warning about installing unsigned drivers.
GA
N/A

> No - as I ok'd the change my system came up with the install dialogues and a warning about installing unsigned drivers.
> GA
Hi there,
Very strange, it's certainly nothing our side, have you installed any DNS-related software?
Regards,
Mike
--
| Mike Grice....................Unmetered & ADSL solutions
| Technical Support.....................for Home & Business
| PlusNet Technologies Ltd.........@ http://www.plus.net
+ ----- My Referrals - It pays to recommend PlusNet -----
BoneMan
Grafter

> Very strange, it's certainly nothing our side, have you installed any DNS-related software?>

Just had a 'orrible thought. It's not the dreaded NewDotNet (or whatever it's called exactly) piece of scumware is it? If you're sure it's not then apologies. Otherwise it might be worth downloading and installing Ad-Aware (www.lavasoft.de) and checking out your system for "undesirable" software.

Regards,

BoneMan
N/A

DNE is normally installed as part of the Cisco VPN client software - Have you installed this at all?
N/A

> > Very strange, it's certainly nothing our side, have you installed any DNS-related software?>
>
> Just had a 'orrible thought. It's not the dreaded NewDotNet (or whatever it's called exactly) piece of scumware is it? If you're sure it's not then apologies. Otherwise it might be worth downloading and installing Ad-Aware (www.lavasoft.de) and checking out your system for "undesirable" software.
>
> Regards,
>
> BoneMan
>

No it wasn't that I run Ad-Aware on a regular basis. Just by the by I also run Spybot Search and Destroy as well - they seem to pick up on different bits of spy/malware.

GA
N/A

> DNE is normally installed as part of the Cisco VPN client software - Have you installed this at all?

errrr.... Not knowingly.
Ah well everything seems OK
GA