cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depature from Moderating Forums

Community Veteran

Hello,

After 4 years of moderating these forums, I've decided to call it a day.

There's no conspiricy theory, I'm not disstatisfied with the service, nor am I getting a job at PlusNet.

I've had very little free time for the last 4 or 5 months, with 3 young kids, a house, DIY, work, studying and a wife, somethings got to go!

Many newer users of the forums probably haven't even read a post from me, but I do hope that the work I've put into the forums has been of helpful to members past, present and future. I hope to pop by in the forums from time to time. My lat day of moderating has been selected as 23rd of May. This is the 4 year aniversary of customer moderating on these forums.

Good luck to all the members of the community, not least the other moderators and PlusNet staff who all help out here.

Thanks
Chris
17 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Thanks again Chris, and good luck for the future.

Chilly
Saturn
Grafter

Bye
N/A

GL mate you'll be missed around here
N/A

As already mentioned Chris. Your departure will be a great loss to the community as a whole. The time you have spent in helping these boards form shape and keeping those of us out of line stay within the lines is and has been well worth the effort.

Keep posting mate.
Community Veteran

Well I never - after you've gone, hardly any of the old moderators will be left. Still, four years is definitely a a long time - well done for surviving that long! Your straight-talking style of moderation was always an asset to the team when I was around, and I'm sure it still is. Good luck with your new ventures - though you'll probably need it more for the DIY than the studying, if all those programmes like 'DIY SOS' are anything to go by...
holdtight
Grafter

Re: Depature from Moderating Forums

with 3 young kids, a house, DIY, work, studying and a wife, somethings got to go

Work DIY and studying in that order should give you some free time Chris if not it will have to be the wife Wink

Seriously though good job mate and i had wondered where you had got to

You are staying with plusnet and not leaving us altogether i hope as your post reads as if your moving on :?:

Bill.
Community Veteran

Chris,

As you say something has to give, and it has to be this of course!

I too am sorry to see you go from the Forum as you've contributed so much round here and given up your time.

A wife and 3 kids is usually enough, but to add studying and DIY to the list too.. sheesh mate, you have more stamina than me :lol:

Anyway, all the very best to you for the future!

Roger.
N/A

To add my thanks publically;

Without the dedication and hard work you put in in the past, these forums wouldn't have been anywhere near as useful and welcoming as I found them when I first came here.

You (with the rest of the team) made it a real pleasure to come here, and you helped us get the best out of the resource for such a long time.

Hopefully you'll still make it along for a pint or three next time we meet up!

Take care, and love to the wife and kids.
Community Veteran

Thanks for all the kind words guys. I will still try and pop by to read the forums, but without the feeling of having to due to moderating, I probably won;t be posting much (unless my time frees up one day!).
Mand
Grafter

You'll be missed, make sure you drop by to see us from time to time. Smiley
Midville
Grafter

Thanks chris - for all of your time you have put in.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

Thanks for your contribution to the forums, they certainly would have been a different place otherwise Smiley

All the best for the future.
Walrus
Grafter

*Nods*

Have no fear, your efforts haven't gone unnoticed or unappreciated, it's a suprisingly time-consuming 'job'.

See you inbetween DIY jobs maybe! Smiley
Community Veteran

Hi Chris.

Sorry to see you go, but I fully understand that life commitments have to take precedence.

Your contribution and dedication through thick and thin have helped make these boards the success which they have become.

Your focus on the community and your desire to assist has been tremendous. You will be greatly missed.

Thank you for your efforts and enthusiasm over the years and a special thanks for all the help and advice you have given to me during that time.

The pints are on me buddy. Smiley

Take care.

Mark