cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Report Issue? Linesync=7616/448 Stablerate=2000Kbps!

N/A

I got MAX'ed around the middle of the month and noticed after a week or so my stable rate (i.e. what is reported here http://www.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate) was still showing 2000Kbps.

I raised ticket 20771567, which was responded to by the CSC saying they had changed my line profile speed at the PlusNet end. Now another week on, I'm still stuck with a stable rate (via the link above) of 2000Kbps, which was the rate of my line pre-MAXing. I have confirmed via the Namesco & BT speed tester that I am only achieving 1800-1900Kbps.

Something is obviously stuck with my line profile. My line is completely stable, no CRC's or HEC's, LOS's or LOF's but yet the stable rate remains the same as it was pre-MAXing. Could somebody from the Comms team please progress this for me? I'm really looking forward to using the other 4.5Mbps that are currently doing nothing! Smiley

Many thanks!
8 REPLIES
N/A

Same problem here, only worse. My MSR is t 500 currently
N/A

might be of help.

Graham

My stable rate dropped to 1500 from 8000. I "trained" it back up (as per instructions. Might be worth a try for you)

For the next few days - Keep your router on 24x7, but disconnect it for 30 minutes (one continous disconnect), each day

I'm back up to 5000, on the way to 8000 Smiley
N/A

Thanks for the thoughts guys! I think this is something a little more fundamental than just disconnecting and reconnecting (I was restarting the router once a day as suggested, during the training period).

I run multiple web-sites from my connection, so I'd prefer not to have to shut down the connection for 30 minutes. Plus I don't think it's that simple.. the stable rate has never moved since I was shifted off of my 2Mbps service to the new MaxDSL service. Also the BT speed-tested showed a stable-rate of around 6500kbps (something a lot closer to what I would expect).

I think something is still "stuck" at the PlusNet end which needs to be kicked in the pants before I'm going to get my PlusNet stable-rate to budge away from 2000Kbps.
N/A

Re: might be of help.

...but disconnect it for 30 minutes (one continous disconnect), each day

I see this advice given a lot but fail to see the logic behind it. If you know your router is synched at a good rate, I would advise that it was left alone, reboots can be misinterpreted as line instability.

As far as I know the bRAS profiling snapshoots the synch rate at certain times of the day and updates accordingly. If the router is off it cannot snapshoot.

I know from experience that the bRAS profile will rise without any rebooting of the router.
N/A

The logic for me was ... plusnet told me to do it Smiley
SimonJDay
Grafter

I'm going through the same Sonicresolutions. Was 'Max'd' about 2 1/2 weeks ago but am still at 2000 stable rate.

I sent a ticket and PN responded advising that they had made a change to one of the settings on my account that "will now enable our systems to try to pick up the delta reports from the BT wholesale system regarding the speeds your line should be able to support" The worrying part? "To try to pick up the delta reports".
N/A

Thanks Simon, nice to know I'm not alone! Smiley Well I have made some progress as my stable rate is now showing 7000Kbps as of this morning.. that's the good news. The bad.. Namesco and plusnet speed checker still show a download rate of around 1950Kbps (the same as I was getting before). Looks like something in the path has still not fully updated with my new line speed yet. I guess I'll see what it's like in a day or two.
N/A

Ooops, my bad, should have checked my support ticket.. the CSC have intervened and manually upped my line-speed to 7000Kbps (the usual lack of Delta reports being correctly received from BT). My speed should be up sometime in the next 48 hours, so it looks like I'm getting close to getting this sorted.

Thanks to all who replied and the CSC team for working towards a resolution for me.