cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery time?

N/A

Delivery time?

Reading through this forum, I notice a lot of complaints / problems regarding delivery of hardware.

My line was activated yesterday at about 1pm, and the modem has been "awaiting dispatch" since then. Are there currently any problems with the delivery of modems, and how long should I expect to wait for delivery?

Also - I need some special instructions placing with my delivery, as I live in an apartment, and the front buzzer isn't working (neither is the front door - you can walk straight in). What is the best way to get this information to you?

Thanks
12 REPLIES
Ianwild
Grafter

Delivery time?

Hi,

As of this afternoon, our temporary stock of Solwise SAR900 modems was exhausted, however there are stock of 2,000 Binatone modems are currently being 'bonded over' (I don't know what that means I'm afraid, but I think it is to do with packing our specific Cds and starter guides in the boxes) by our suppliers and as such delivery should commence tomorrow completely normally.

We don't have a way to directly communcate with the couriers I'm afraid. You could use our ADSL tracker to find the tracking number from your parcel once it is dispatched and tat that point you can ring Citylink directly and make any necessary arrangements. If for any reason this isn't possible, I may be able to arrange for delivery of the modem to a different address, although I'm not sure if that helps?

Cheers,
N/A

Delivery time?

Thanks for the prompt response. Could you give any indication at all of the wait time for delivery - should I have it by the weekend?

As for Citylink, I have dealt with them before regarding delivery, and as long as I have the Consignment Number, they can get a message to the driver. That's all clear.

Thanks for the help.
Ianwild
Grafter

Delivery time?

Hi,

The parcels are sent on overnight delivery, so you will definately have them before Friday. About 3 hours after the parcel is dispatched from the warehouse, the ADSL Tracker will update with your consignment number and a direct link to Citylink's own parcel tracker...

Regards,

Ian
gregd
Grafter

Delivery time?

I am currently waiting on a SAR110 router, while customer support has been really good so far, it annoys me the way I can't track the order and I can't find out around what time the hardware will be delivered. While I know it is not directly plus.nets problem (city link is the delivery company), it would make the delivery process a more pleasant experience for the end user.
N/A

Delivery time?

Ian - thank you for both responses. They are faster and more helpful than with pretty much any other company I've contacted. You rule [thumbs up smilie]

Gregd - Citylink are terrible. I wouldn't call them reliable by any stretch.
Ianwild
Grafter

Delivery time?

The only think I would say about Citylink is that they are a hell of a lot better than Parcelforce, who we used before...
N/A

Delivery time?

Why not use Business Post. Never had an issue with them in my life.
gregd
Grafter

Delivery time?

Well thanks to Keith Hiles and the rest of the team I now have a tracking number for city link. However I enter it on their page and I just get what I assume is information of the delivery to the main branch, rather than information concerning the delivery tommorow.

Im betting they will bring it just when no one is home :roll:
N/A

Delivery time?

The tracking system only tells you where the parcel is too, then will usualy freeze stating it is with the courier until after you receive it.

It can't tell you when it will arrive tomorow, as there is no physical way to predict exactly how much has to be delivered in your area, until it is due for dispatch tomorrow.

Traffic and that.. You get the picture.

If you need to make any specific arangments, you are best contacting CityLink on the number provided, after typing your postcode onto THIS page.
gregd
Grafter

Delivery time?

You would figure they would use the latest GPS tracking and have a GIS system in place to physically track every movement of the package :lol:

Let me waffle more technobable in an attempt to impress Wink

Can't have everything I guess, just wish I had a specific delivery time. Guess ill ring em tommorow.
N/A

Delivery time?

Most do and I happen to know CityLink here in Liverpool do.

However, that isn't to say the public have access to this sort of information.
gregd
Grafter

Delivery time?

Im currently living in liverpool also Wink

The centres probably have access to GPS info I suppose. Guess ill just have to break in and track it from there huahah Tongue