cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delayed/missing emails

N/A

Delayed/missing emails

Despite reassurances, I'm still having to resend emails that have not arrived after more than a day or request a resend of ones I have not received.
The record so far is about 36 hours for one to arrive.

The problem clearly still exists. Damn those spammers!
18 REPLIES
N/A

Delayed/missing emails

Yes, my emails are a bit awry to say the least.

I'm getting duplicates of a lot of emails days later - especially those send from eBay. And a fat lot of good it is asking an eBay seller a question ATM because the item will probably be sold by the time I get an answer!

Fred
N/A

Delayed/missing emails

It's 3 hours since your reply, Fred, and I haven't received the email notification of it!
N/A

Email delay

Hi, I would like to say I have had similar issues lately - delayed emails, incoming and outgoing. It's not good enough and I'd like to know what's going on. You're not alone!

Irate from Dorset Evil
N/A

Delayed/missing emails

Still the delays go on:

Delivery-date: Thu, 18 May 2006 11:48:47 +0100
Received: by pih-mxcore12.plus.net with spam-scanned (PlusNet MXCore v2.00) Thu, 18 May 2006 11:48:44 +0100
Received: by pih-mxcore12.plus.net with esmtp (PlusNet MXCore v2.00) Thu, 18 May 2006 11:48:41 +0100
Received: by pih-mxcore12.plus.net with esmtp (PlusNet MXCore v2.00) Wed, 17 May 2006 18:34:43 +0100
Received: by usertools.plus.net with esmtp (Exim 4.44) Wed, 17 May 2006 18:34:39 +0100

From a service status email, about downtime on the portal, received nearly 7 hours after the work had been completed.

Total transit time : 17 hours 14 mins for an internal mail, it never got as far as the interweb Tongue
N/A

Re: Email delay

Hi, I would like to say I have had similar issues lately - delayed emails, incoming and outgoing. It's not good enough and I'd like to know what's going on. You're not alone!

Off topic I know but with a name like Swarbrick, you don't play fiddle do you?

Fred
N/A

Delayed/missing emails

Read the update from f9 and the reply is

"Mail delivery times have improved further over the past couple of days, with 95% of email being delivered within fifteen minutes, and the vast majority of this being delivered in under a minute".

This morning received mail after 20 hours the next was 26 hours and the last one was sent over 27 hours ago.

A further update states

"however our reporting tools are showing that the number of mails being delayed has increased this evening".

I wonder if this is the same reporting tool for the VMBU?
N/A

Delayed/missing emails

Yes, still getting eBay messages from Sunday/Monday/Tuesday. (Not sure if eBay are also at fault but can't find anything on their site about mail delivery problems.)

I'm putting the finishing touches to a web site for a client and started testing the Perl script on the "Contact us" page this morning. The site isn't hosted on F9 but I'm using my F9 mailbox for test emails. Everything was going fine with the odd email taking a wee while to appear in my inbox here on F9. However my last test was done late this morning and I'm still awaiting results. Needless to say, I've given up as I can't be bothered to wait several hours to see what effect code changes make! Cry

Fred
N/A

s-l-o-w

Hi, my emails are still being delayed - 5 hours today. They surely shouldn't take that long?
Hi Fred, yes I do play fiddle, do you play?

Simon
philb

Delayed/missing emails

Only 5 hours delayed swarbrick? You must be paying a premium for that! :lol:

Tonight (Sunday) I have just received three emails which were sent on Wednesday afternoon!!!! Sad

Even the Royal Mail provides a better delivery service! :roll:

Personally I find the current state of Force 9 embarrasing. As an early customer I have spent the past few recommending Force 9 to all my associates. The way things have now downturned I feel that I have been made to look like an idiot!
N/A

Delayed/missing emails

Here's a good one.

On Wednesday I was at a customer's and took four pictures on my phone to send to my office. Before I can do that, I have to email them from my phone to my home email address so that I can attach them to an email.

When I got home, some 4 hours later, 2of the 4 had arrived. I scratched my head a bit and sent the two that hadn't arrived again. Within 30 minutes they were in my mailbox.

Coming home today, I have found the two missing emails sitting happily in my inbox!!!!

Mark
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Delayed/missing emails

Hi,

I'm sorry about the delays being seen with email, we are working as hard as we can to get this resolved, most of the mail is now being delivered in under a minute and the volume of queued mail has been reduced significantly. Mand's writing an update for status to post this afternoon.

As an aside one of the initial causes of the problem was that some of eBay's mail servers got listed on some spam blacklists which would likely compound any problems with mail from eBay.
N/A

Delayed/missing emails

... As an aside one of the initial causes of the problem was that some of eBay's mail servers got listed on some spam blacklists which would likely compound any problems with mail from eBay.

£$%@~¬`;*&%&)!! Evil (And that's the polite version!)

(Several deep breaths later...) Thanks for the explanation anyway, Dave.

Fred
N/A

Delayed/missing emails

My record is 3 and a half days to get an email after it was sent. The problem has been going on for over a month now and F9 don't seem to know what to do. They started by blaming spammers but they have stopped that now. The next thing is they will be blaming Hitler and the Kaiser's mother.

I am off to a decent ISP as soon as I can.
N/A

Delayed/missing emails

Anyone beat my record ?
Email was sent to me on Friday afternoon and it arrived yesterday morning !