cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delay with upgrade

N/A

Delay with upgrade

Just one question.......before joining +.net. my previous ISP was Tiscali..fell out with them over their fair usage policy.....anyway my line was a 2mbt connection,although at the time I opted for 1Mb home premier with +.net, I am curious why I have not yet had the free upgrade, as my exchange is already capable of this......cheers steve :roll:
4 REPLIES
N/A

Delay with upgrade

Can I ask what you eman by capable?

Do you refer to the fact that you have already had 2Mb, thus it has the ability to supply a upgrade?

If so, this is not how it works. All exchanges are capable of speeds of upto 2Mb already. The problem is that BT have so many exchange and customers to perform the work, on, it can't just be done at the click of some fingers.

They have a upgrade rollout plan, in which they perform all the needed work at each exchange.
N/A

Delay with upgrade

cheers for quick reply.........yes I was on 2mb connection before joining +.net...surely it's just a flick of a switch or just a software adjustment....
N/A

Delay with upgrade

For the humble regrade it is.

However, BT are also upgrading much of there national network at the same time. Including backhauls and routers at exchanges. Upgrades are set to conincide with these upgrades.
N/A

Delay with upgrade

That switch costs £15 to get flicked within the next couple of days :p I think it's to cover potential injury of their index finger or something...