cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Define soon

FireStorm
Grafter

Define soon

I have just been on the products page and seen this.

http://www.plus.net/products/option.html?type=premier&speed=2000&hardware=usb&contract=FreeActivatio...

'Super-fast 4Mb broadband is coming soon, so order now to get ahead of the queue'

Please define soon for me you bunch of criminals!

Thanks so much
22 REPLIES
FireStorm
Grafter

watchdog

Ive just written to watchdog, maybe they will help.

I sugest u do the same if u have been conned too!

PlusNet have released 2 new products, a 4mb and a 8mb service. Problem is they did this 4 months ago stating 'Super-fast 4Mb broadband is coming soon, so order now to get ahead of the queue'

I signed up think it would be weeks, 4 months down the line i am paying for a service Plusnet do not have, turns out the service is still on trial with BT.

I had to pay £14 to upgrade and now pay for a 4mb service although PlusNet can only Deliver 2mb. If i downgrade i wont get a refund and i will have to pay again when and if the servcies are actually released.

Can you help.

Thanks

Dave
N/A

Re: Define soon

Of all the thousands of words that have been written on this subject, fir3storm sums it all up in one beautifully simple line.

Absoflippinlutly brilliant.
Sir, I tip my hat to your talent
N/A

I have just been on the products page and seen this.

http://www.plus.net/products/option.html?type=premier&speed=2000&hardware=usb&contract=FreeActivatio...

'Super-fast 4Mb broadband is coming soon, so order now to get ahead of the queue'

Thanks so much

Seriously dude, what is it with the attitude? You have a question (I too would like an answer to) but calling them criminals? For what?
N/A

but calling them criminals? For what?

For selling fresh air labelled up as something else.
FireStorm
Grafter

Define soon

ok I admit criminals is a little strong, and is an opinion only (back of lawyers).

but im pretty sure is it illegal to mislead people into paying for a product that (when i signed up for it 4 months ago) was deemed to be released 'Soon' 1/4 of a year might be soon to some people but it sure isnt to me.
N/A

Define soon

Ah, but that's not the thing you see. Your actually signed up to the 2mb service, but with a higher download limit than the normal £21.99 account. Just as no one knew it at the time (which probably includes PlusNet themselves...)

Rest assured though, when BT tell you your line isn't capable of such speeds, PlusNet will happily degrade you back to the account your on now without charge, so they won't have to loose your nice income, but don't try and downgrade any further, or suffer the penalities!

(Or at least, that's what it seems like...)
Community Veteran

Re: watchdog

I had to pay £14 to upgrade and now pay for a 4mb service

That should not have been the case. Upgrades are free, only downgrades are charged at £14-99.
Community Veteran

Define soon

Isn't it something to do with downgrading for free? iirc if you downgrade to 21.99 you have to pay to upgrade at a later date.
N/A

Define soon

There is a big difference in 'ordering to get ahead' and paying a monthly premium for a 4 or 8mb service that might (or not) be available in the future.. this is a marketing ploy that is being used by +Net. I suppose this is akin to paying an insurance policy for an accident that might happen. However, I do believe that +Net might be in breach of its ISP Licence here... other ISPs are indicating that upto 8mb 'might be available' but they do not expect payment up front!!

For me, it is time to get my MAC and tread the weary path to another ISP.. who informs me that my exchange is already 8mb enabled and they will upgrade me from 2mb to 8mb for free!!

Night.

Steve. :|
Community Veteran

Define soon

@no7olivier
No the words used are "Had to" (past tense) not "will have to"
As the 4 meg product is not yet available no one should be charged to go back up to it.
FireStorm
Grafter

Define soon

I stand corrected... the £14.99 regrade fee was refunded! but i still intend to pursue this all the way!
N/A

Define soon

I have a horrible feeling the answer is how long is a piece of string Sad

As the MaxDSL products are still undergoing BT trials I've a feeling that they could be rolled out in the last quater (only problem is I wouldn't like to say which year Sad )
FireStorm
Grafter

Define soon

then join me and speak to watchdog!!
N/A

Re: watchdog

I had to pay £14 to upgrade and now pay for a 4mb service

That should not have been the case. Upgrades are free, only downgrades are charged at £14-99.

Then why was I charged £14.99 to have my 1mb line increased to a 2mb line (which was what I had asked for in the first place).

If I knew Plusnet would have been this bad, I would have never signed up.