cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deferred payment

N/A

Deferred payment

I have applied for my MAC at the weekend, and been told that I have a deffered home move payment outstanding from May 2006. This fee I was unaware of having paid an administration charge when I moved (and not getting re-connected for many weeks - but that is another sotry). The figure of £47.00 outstanding came as a shock, not having ever had an email to that effect, and never having been advised it in the past.

Depite being with PlusNet for many years, I was advised that if I had canelled my account at the time of moving, I would not have had to pay anything.

Under the new BT ownership is this one of the charges that will be written off at the end of my current 12 months?

Bob
24 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Deferred payment

Yes.

Although it has not been changed yet.... Probably in March I am told.
Fixes: 117

Deferred payment

Will all deferred payments be written of or just the first or last or..?

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

James
Grafter

Deferred payment

First or last or?

All deferred charges that have been present in excess of 12 months will be written off.
Community Veteran

Deferred payment

What do you mean by 'all deferred payments'?

If you mean if you say moved twice and deferred both times or went for the 'free' activation then moved house and took the 'fee' move option? If so, then each one is treated separately with a separate 12 month period starting from when you accepted the defered fees, that needs to elapse before it is written off.
Fixes: 117

Deferred payment

Thank you for the explicit reply Peter and, sorry, I meant Deffered Charges not payments Wink

I my case I did move twice, deferring each time. I accepted the terms of this willingly so no problem. I was simply curious!

Coincidently, my last move happened last March but I have no intentions of leaving PN just yet Smiley

Regards

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Community Veteran

Deferred payment

Back to the OP

It does sound that if you can hold out until May, your house move charge will be waivered.

Is it worth holding out those extra 4 months?

Chilly
N/A

Thanks for your help

Just a quick thank you for your help.

I wish I had spoken to the forum before customer care, as the person I spoke to insited that the figure owing was cast in stone and would go to the debt collectors if I didn't pay it.
N/A

Deferred payment

Erm, it will if you refuse to pay the fee when it falls due.

It becomes due for payment when you leave, so if thats now, you owe the money now.

(And that is cast in stone Wink )

If you can hang on until PN write off the fee's over 12mths old later this year, then the fee's won't exist, and you'll be free to leave whenever you want without having to pay deferred fees which have been on your account over 12mths.
James
Grafter

Deferred payment

Realistically, if you don't pay the deferred fees, we won't generate a MAC Code or instigate a cancellation request.

As others have set, this policyis due to change shortly and dates will be confirmed once further information becomes available.
N/A

Deferred payment

Hello Plusnet CS staff...

sorry to hi-jack this thread but it's kind of similar..

When I joined PN in 2004 i paid an ADSL Initial Charge of £70.50 to be on Premier on a monthly contract( Invoice Number 1347840 Date 18/02/2004 )

I see you say anyone owing defferred fee's will probably have them dropped in march this year..
but DOES thi smean i will be getting the money ( i've paid up front ) BACK Huh and if not, where is it going?

effectively I've paid my defferal UP FRONT when i started with plusnet so it would'nt cost me if or when i decide to leave.

If you're saying anyone who has not paid up front will after March NOT need to pay the fee to leave, then by rights I should get that amount back when if I leave, otherwise you'll have simply made ME pay and not them.

does this make sense?
N/A

Deferred payment

The change in policy is just a reduction in the length of time taken to write off the fee's.

Currently it takes 5 years for Plusnet to write the fee's off your account.

Under the plans for later this year, that term will change to be 12 months.
N/A

Deferred payment

so are you saying i've been a fool to pay my fee upfront when i started with plusnet when others are going to simply not pay and walk away from it?

I feel like I've just thrown it down the drain......Grrrrr.

and just HOW do you request a MAC? where is th eopen a new ticket option? I must be blind.
James
Grafter

Deferred payment

You elected to pay for your activation and hardware. As such, you did not take part in the YSWP scheme and would be entitled to no refund.

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but that's the way it is. The changes will only relate to those who elected to defer the charges.
N/A

Deferred payment

Well, thats harsh yes!
Incidentally I paid £70.50 for NO HARDWARE, just the line.

Back in the days when PREMIER MEANT Premium service / product, not some inferior product to a cheaper one offered by the same company! ( £21.99 premier, payg £14.99 )

Such a shame the product name no longer relates to the service. ( yes you have a higher monthly allowance with premier, but if you cant use it, whats the point! )

Here's another question ( sorry this should be on a NEW thread.. feel free to move it )

If I switch from Premier to PAYG 12g, do i end up having to pay the £47 odd if I then leave?( seeing as I'd already paid the £70.50 up front fee )

done up like a kipper I think. Cry