cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deferred costs....will I be liable??

N/A

Hello folks,

I've been an unhappy PN customer since the day I joined and I've been eagerly waiting for my contractual obligations to expire.
For the record, BB+ with deferred activation + modem fees.

My 12 months is up on 8th May. Assuming PN scrap the deferred activation costs for customers who stayed 12 months, Do I actually have to wait until 8th May to request a MAC code, or can I request it a month before, giving PN a months notice, so that I still complete the 12 month contract and get the fees scrubbed?

I understand I have to pay £25 for the modem, regardless.

Many thanks.
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

You have to wait until PN remove the deferred fees payment requirement before requesting your MAC. The fact that you notice period may cross the date they are removed makes no difference. Payments are requested when you request your MAC, not after 30 days.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

I wonder if that has changed with the new rules that came in on 14th Feb?

If you request your MAC you haven't got to pay the deferred fees immediately and PN have to give you your MAC. You could say "I will settle the deferred fees before the end of the notice period". If you then contact them towards the end of the 30 day notice period to settle the deferred fees, the amount owed should reflect any changes that have taken place since then.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£13/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
James
Grafter

The MAC Key will be generated (or requested from our Wholesaler) upon request, with a reminder of what outstanding debts are owed.
Community Veteran

So if someone then contacted you to settle the deferred fees towards the end of the 30 days the amount owed would be reduced if an annual anniversary had been passed in the meantime?
James
Grafter

The amounts have always been taken from the point of request. This process would be unlikely to be changed. I'll ask the question though.
N/A

Thanks for the replies guys.

James, if you could look into this it would be great.

My way of thinking, as long as I complete the 12 month contract, and assuming the deferred fees are scraped, I shouldn't have to pay them......
N/A

it is my understanding and present unfortunate experience that the deferred fees will not be scraped at the end of your 12 months just reduced by £9.40...

check out the small print at the bottom of this link
http://www.plus.net/residential/broadband/freesetup.shtml/?link=resbb_free_setup
gswindale
Grafter

That is the current case, but they are planning to waive these completely for customers who've been with them for longer than 12 months shortly. See here for more information regarding this.

The big question regarding this waiver when it turns up is - do you join the many who leave to find an alternative provider, or do you hang in to see the increase in performance generated by having a large proportion of the customer base leave?
Community Veteran

Deferred fees are going to be scrapped after a year (that has been announced) - we just don't know the implementation date for the new policy yet - probable date is the end of March.