cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deferred activation fee & notice period question

N/A

I became a Plsnet member on the 17th March 2006. My next payment will be taken on the 28th February. I am probably going to leave Plusnet as the connection speeds have been unbelievably slow lately. I'll probably move to SKY MAX..

Based on the above dates I understand that I have now been with Plusnet 12 months (after the payment has been made on the 28th Feb). Do I have to give Plusnet 30 days notice of my intent to leave the service - and – as it’s now been 12 months do I need to pay the deferred activation fee?

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Siggi
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

5 year deferred activation charges are still in place.

Best guess at present is that the 5 years deferred activation will be reduced to 12 months, in mid/late March.

Chilly
sam
Grafter

Hi ingason,

chillypenguin is correct, if you wish to leave now and have defered fees on your account, then these will be required in full.

We will be reducing the defered contract period to 12 months at some point in March, so by the time your initial 12 months is up, we should have a date for the removal of defered fees.
Isitme
Grafter

As a matter of interest,has it been confirmed that the 12 month period will apply to existing customers? I ask as very often these improved conditions apply to new customers only, Sky's charges for updated boxes being one example. Sad
James
Grafter

Yes, but not as of yet. We're expecting this to happen by the end of Q1 (March).
N/A

Thanks for the info guys. By the looks of things it would be a good idea for me to hang on in there until the end of March. I have to say I have been happy with the PN service until the last month or so, when it's been going very slow. My connection speed is normally about 6,400 kbps but it’s around 350 to 500 kbps in the evenings. I've raised a ticket which is being worked on.. ID: 21346781. I'll see what happens.

Siggi
N/A

I wonder how many people will jump ship once PN remove defered fees for customers who have been with them for over 12 months..