cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deferred Fees

N/A

Deferred Fees

Hello all, does anyone know when the deferred activation fees are to be waived for PlusNet customers who have been subscribed for over 12 months?
Thanks for your time and replies....
22 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Deferred Fees

Hi,

The development work to change this han't been done yet, I'd expect it to happen in the next fee weeks, but as yet no date has been set.
N/A

Deferred Fees

Thanx for quick reply....
N/A

Deferred Fees

With the publicity this items had, here and "elsewhere" it would advisable that PN prioritise to meet the date of "end of Q1"
crimsone
Grafter

Deferred Fees

I like to set dates on important things - it helps me to make sure that they actually get done rather than suffer from endless procrastination or moving of goalposts.

If I were running a business, generally I'd like to set dates on something before announcing it to the world - it would make my business look much better, far more trustworthy, and very much "on the ball". Of course, then I'd have to actually get things done at sometime reasonably close to the date announced.
N/A

Deferred Fees

I agree, we need a date.

It was a "few weeks" a few weeks ago!

Moderators note by James (sallyandjames) : Removed full quote of preceding post as per the link:rules
N/A

Deferred Fees

If I recall correctly, this was timetabled for the end of Q1, meaning that it should be completed by the end of March.

That said, I've also heard that it might creep into the beginning of April.

I can ask at the Open Day, but hopefully by that time the development work will have been completed.
worm
Grafter

Deferred Fees

depends on Q1 of which year - calendar - financial etc ?
Community Veteran

Deferred Fees

It will be disappointing if PlusNet fail to meet their target of the end of March.

Chilly
Fixes: 119

Deferred Fees

<flame-proof jacket now on>

Don't forget that this waiving of deferred fees is a bonus to current and future subscribers rather than a must have service or improvement and, as such, should be put into perspective.

Perhaps PN have some more pressing issues like getting bandwidth/speed issues sorted asap.

As the name suggests these fees are what the subscriber could have paid up front but chose not to.

Personally I don't think this is such a good idea as I can only see PN losing money. This money would be better spent improving all services and keeping current subscribers happy.

Just my penny's worth. Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

N/A

Deferred Fees

In reply to colhindene,

I think that the "bandwidth/speed issues" would be solved overnight when PN finally get rid of the "You stay we pay" as so many folks will be leaving that there will be plenty of bandwidth available. :lol:
Fixes: 119

Deferred Fees

Yeah, but it's gonna get kinda lonely in these forums, though Sad

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

N/A

Deferred Fees

Well that must be a good thing for the folks that stay as perhaps the ratio of available bandwidth to users will be more realistic instead of being oversubscribed as it is now..
Personally I got my shoes on ready.

"Don't forget that this waiving of deferred fees is a bonus to current and future subscribers rather than a must have service or improvement and, as such, should be put into perspective. "

Well it certainly is welcomed by me but it is only what they initially offered. When I took out my BB with them there were no fees aslong as you stayed for the first year BUT was then ammended in the terms & conditions so that the setup fees are deferred instead.
Liam
Grafter

Deferred Fees

I have an update on this.

The Development work required to remove the fees for existing customers ties in quite neatly with the work required for our upcoming Product Refresh - so we're doing the two together.

Unfortunately, our target of the end of March has slipped slightly (such is the environment and industry we work in!) - but not by much.

We already have a new date, and that is within the week following 11th April. This week we'll have all the development work completed and thoroughly tested. Today, I'll be making sure the CSC are aware of this new date also.

The removal of deferred fees for existing customers were part of our "Plans for 2007" and we absolutely will honour that decision. More info on the Product Refresh will be communicated in due course.
Liam
Grafter

Deferred Fees

It will be disappointing if PlusNet fail to meet their target of the end of March.

Chilly

Disappointing? Perhaps. But we'd much rather we rolled out code fully tested and as bug-free as possible. The Development work required is quite significant and we have a bunch of other things going on all at the same time, including planned improvements to our service, new products etc... The slippage isn't massive.