cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Defered fees still apply??

N/A

Hi Guys,

Been a customer with PN for 11months and 1 day. Called this morning to give my 30 days notice and request a MAC key, and was advised I was still going to be liable for all the defered hardware/activation fees.

By the time I actually migrate away from PN after my 30 day notice period, I will have been a customer for 1 Year and a day, therefor I will have fufilled my contractual obligations to be able to have the fees scraped. Why do I have to still pay up?

I'm seriously tempted to just go and legally dispute the fees when the nasty letters start dropping on my doorstep.
3 REPLIES
chrisc
Grafter

This is because you are requesting to cancel within the first 12 months of the contract. As such the deferred charges are still active on the account.

If you use the MAC key after the fees are scrapped then obviously you will not be liable for them - granted this only gives you 1 day to use the MAC key before it expires but will allow you to leave at the earliest opportunity without paying the deferred charges.

Can I ask why you want to leave and if there is anything that we can do to retain your custom?
N/A

Thanks for the swift response.

Haven't been happy with PN since the day I joined. Didn't have a usable connection for the first 6 weeks and the customer service I recieved at the time was at best attrocious, at worst, non existant. Since then, i've been pretty disappointed with the service provided, terrible connection speeds, lost emails etc etc. Left a foul taste in my mouth from the word go and it's only the fact that I was tied into an annual agreement that kept me from going. No confidence in PN as an ISP at all, watched them
'move the goal posts' so many times over the past year. Completely bored of the whole fiasco.

But thanks for making the enquiry Cheesy

So, if it's possible, can you remove the current MAC code request from my account and I'll request one at a later date as I have absolutely no intention of needlessly parting with any more of my hard, honestly earned cash.

many thanks in advance.
chrisc
Grafter

It looks like one of my colleagues has generated the MAC key this afternoon but as long as you don't use it then you can just request another one in 30 days time.

I am sorry to hear of the problems that you have experienced and hope that you have noticed an increase in service quality and performance over the last few weeks.

We are constantly striving to improve and with the largest head count ever in the customer support centre and our new products rollout we feel that service and satisfaction are starting to return to the previous levels we enjoyed.

If you have any specific problems or questions regarding your account feel free to PM me and i'll have a look into them for you.