cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default email account

N/A

Default email account

Is there any way of stopping email sent to anything@account.plus.com being delivered to the only IMAP mailbox?

I'd like to make use of the folders and address book for webmail available with the imap account, but at the moment I'm using one of my pop mailboxes because the main mailbox gets too much spam.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Default email account

Any mailbox can be a IMAP account.

Create a single mailbox, and set your client to login with username "<username>+<mailboxname>"
N/A

Default email account

Using Webmail, you only seem to get the imap features (such as a "sent mail" feature) on the primary mailbox.

I'm using a separate mailbox to avoid the spam and these features aren't available with Webmail on such accounts.
N/A

Default email account

Now I see what you mean.

However, using a IMAP client, you can view what e-mails you have without downloading (fromk what I uderstand).
N/A

Default email account

Whilst at work, the option of using a full e-mail client is out. The only access I have is with a browser.
N/A

Default email account

Very true.

Maybe the possibility of turning the catchall option off would help this.

Though postmaster would need to be caught if not directed ot a mailbox.
N/A

Default email account

I've already got Postmaster redirected however I can't find any way of turning off the catchall option. The default mailbox doesn't allow any editing.

Do you know if it's possible?
N/A

Default email account

At this moment, no.

However, you would have to speak to +net about anything further.

I sugest posting somthing in the ideas forum, and Ian Wild (or another member of the "crew") will get around to placing it on the internal Ideas list.