cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dear me, wot a shambles...

N/A

Its downhill all the way and Plus.net has no brakes, unless it comes to tampering with the speed of some one else’s connection - then the brakes are well applied...

I would have paid more than the £21.99 for a tamper free connection, amazing why Plus.net didn’t introduce this as an option.

I paid £21.99 in the 1st place because I had no qualms about paying the extra for quality, it seems though that Plus.nets version of quality changes by the day.

It seems now that I have a 30gig cap on my line at peak times with an extra 100gig to use at all other times. Reason I left BT was because of the 30gig cap.

Pleased to say that I got my MAC code and put my transfer request into day...

Freedom2Surf looks more like my kind of ISP.

I moved to Plus.net from BT just before things went pear shaped, until that point Plus.net came highly recommended, but now, the forums speak for themselves...

My advice, read the forums on ADSL guide, its amazing how a good ISP can go sooo bad sooo quick.

Since my MAC request though, my speeds have been terrible. Have plus.net penalized me more due to my common sense kicking in? Anybody else found that after a MAC request your connection gets worse?

Bye plus.net

J
19 REPLIES
N/A

I cannot remember where I read this, however, it has become apparent that there are certainly a number of individuals who have noticed that after requesting their MAC code, they are assigned the 24/7 management. I do believe, however, this is only for people who have in the past exceeded the usage levels detailed in the SUP. I believe this is done to ensure that the customers do not attempt to perform a vengeful act on PlusNet by maxing out their connection 24/7 in their remainding days simply to strain PlusNets resources.
N/A

I do believe, however, this is only for people who have in the past exceeded the usage levels detailed in the SUP.

You are correct. Plus Net will only apply the profile to those who have been contacted with regards the SUP.

Customers awaiting a normal migration are not placed on the profile.
___oDiN__
Grafter

Re: Dear me, wot a shambles...

It seems now that I have a 30gig cap on my line at peak times with an extra 100gig to use at all other times.

erm my understanding is its a 100 GIG TOTAL not extra

so u can do a max of 30 gig peak a month ( a mere1gb per day ) and a total of 100 gig peak and off peak
N/A

Hell, well 1gb a day, thats laughable...

Gald my migration is being processed, penciled in for migration on the 12th October.

Big mistake in moving to Plus.net in the 1st place.

J
N/A

Well I've only been with +net for 4 months, but originally signed up just as the 50GB cap was mooted as coming in, then by the time I got installed it was cap free and do as you want, now it's only 30GB.

My usage is fairly mixed, not a lot of heavy P2P, but I do use it for working from home (sometimes 8-9Hrs a day), and deliberately picked plusnet since they had a high cap then no cap. If I'd known they'd suddenly move the goal posts I'd have gone elsewhere.

All I can say is the first time I get a warning I'm off.
N/A

LOL. look at the poll, Plus net could have made a fortune...

Wonder why they decided to go down the road they have? Surely their sales stats must be a great cause for concern...

Wonder who had the brainwave of implementing these changes? Is he/she still in a job? Wonder what the stats are on how many have migrated out since the new terms and conditions?

Wot a botch up!

J
N/A

jackerl think yourself lucky when i requested my mac my connection was terminated and i was put on dialup for over a week after continually ringing plusnet they said they had contacted bt and would have to wait as it was a bt problem
i rang again day before my migration and was told we are very sorry but there must be an oversight as no one has contacted bt and it was too late for them to do anything now my connection was back on next day with f2s
N/A

What they have done to their service is going to hurt them. I know that they will be losing my custom very soon because their usage policy is a load of S****
Ben_Brown
Grafter

The network management we have in place is essential to maintain a great quality of service for all our customers, it is not in place to restrict what people can do in any way.

To make our products sustainable without any of this management we would need to charge considerably more than the £24.99 you propose.
N/A

Ben, How much more is considerably more?
Would it not be worth having another look at the old FUP and making a couple of changes to merge the two together.
I have to admit that as a premier customer 30 Gig peak could sometimes be a little too, well little.
Just as a thought, why not create little (as O2 have) bolt on's. This way people could purchase say an extra 20 Gig peak per month for the mere price of err say £3.
So now as apposed to being limited to 100 Gig per month (max 30 Gig peak) in total, it would now be 120 Gig (20 Gig anytime bolt on, + up to 30 Gig max peak and then the remaining 70 Gigs).

As I say just a thought, but looking at everyones willingness to pay that little bit extra for that extra freedom it would be a route worth investigating.
N/A

As I say just a thought, but looking at everyones willingness to pay that little bit extra for that extra freedom it would be a route worth investigating.

Is this the same "everybody", that jumped at the chance to downgrade to the £21.99 offering without wondering about the possable "sting in the tail" at the time?......... that has now arrived.
N/A

The network management we have in place is essential to maintain a great quality of service for all our customers....

Nice euphemism...what you actually tell us is that the very policy, that [I censor myself] so many customers (including myself), is actually an achievement.
"No need to keep track of how much you download " has a completely new meaning.
And look at these forums, how your customers rejoyce and applaud your decision to such a sensible improvement of your services.

Thats a [censored] of [censored] and I suggest that [censored], [censored] [censored] [censored]! Because the [censored] [censored] [censored] [censored]!

In the end, your customers will vote with their feet, for me that was that and my account will be switched to my new ISP on Oct 11th, just two weeks after PlusNet activated my broadband. SO great is the quality of your service...

*exits stage left*
N/A

Is this the same "everybody", that jumped at the chance to downgrade to the £21.99 offering without wondering about the possable "sting in the tail" at the time?......... that has now arrived.

Ok, I do apologise, I will rephrase this to "The vast Majority".

If I am completely honest with you myself, I was over the moon when PN announced that 2mb would be available for £21.99. Yes I wondered what the possible strings attached could have been and how many of them would be public or not.
It would appear to me that the side effects of dropping the price for 2mb has made itself very apparent and I hope is clear for all to see. My view is that lower 2mb prices = more people signing up to 2mb, which in turn = more downloads and a bigger strain on the whole of the PN network as well as others.

Please dont mis-understand me, there are a good few things I believe PN could have managed better and possibly done better, but seeing as its all in the past there is nothing we can do about it now, all we can do is look into the future and hope that PN are willing to work alongside its customer base to try and improve its service.
N/A

all we can do is look into the future and hope that PN are willing to work alongside its customer base to try and improve its service.

True...... but that was the philosophy I employed when I did not immedialtly and still have'nt downgraded because I have not yet seen an ISP giving away things without there being a catch of some description, and absolutly refuse to believe that no one at Plusnet could see what was going to happen with that sort of drastic price drop.So paying a bit extra makes absolutly no difference which leaves me in an interesting dilemma as to my best course of action.

1) do I continue paying £29.99 for a basically shoddy bargain basement service, with the of chance I may one day need to use the extra 15GB peak time allowance

2) do I downgrade so I am only paying £21.99 for the same shoddy bargain basement service

3) simply pay an extra £6.00 on top of what I pay now for a service that is not frightned to put on thier home page that shaping, management etc does not exist.I am not saying it will never happen there, but I get the distinct impression that those that are prepared to pay more would get get more other than an extra 15GB per month allowance which seems about as useful as the proverbial "chocolate teapot" when the system speed gives a very good impression of treacle approaching 0 degrees in temperature.

Anyway <rant mode off> I will see what if any improvements have happened come my next payment date.Then decide