Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Day 11 and still stuck on old speed

glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Well it's day 11 since I was upgraded to DSLMax and the checker is still saying my speed is 2000 Kbps despite having sync of 8128/448 snr 11 att 25. Ticket 19365573 has gone un answered since yesterday. All a bit of a fisaco really.
73 REPLIES
JonathanW
Grafter

Looks like we've not yet received a delta report for you. Though we have had a couple of instances of the delta reports not coming through until the 12th day after the Max regrade was carried out, so its possible that your line falls into this category.
N/A

im on day 12 and still stuk on same speeds

can i rasie ticket? or call them?
glloyd
Rising Star

All working very well isn't it and this from one of the biggest telco's in the world. Makes you wonder what BTw did during the 12 + months of testing. God help us if they decide to install ADSL2 +.

Looks like we've not yet received a delta report for you. Though we have had a couple of instances of the delta reports not coming through until the 12th day after the Max regrade was carried out, so its possible that your line falls into this category.
N/A

its been 24 days since my upgrade was complete....and still stuck on 2mb..
however....It appears that certain lines aren't receiving a bRAS report from BT after the initial 10 day period of the line stablising...or 14 days after that....so ive given up...2mb will do...
N/A

Same here - I've been on Max since 18th April & still can't get the speed I should be able to - I have had a ticket running for a week or so & every time I enquire all I get is "still awaiting your Delta report"

Come on Plus Net this is a rubbish service for someone who has been paying £29 per month since I joined!!!

Please get it sorted ASAP - I have enquired about a MAC but I have to pay £72 as I have not been with +net for a year yet.

Unsatisfied of Fife
Prod_Man
Grafter

Hi
I have had a very long oustanding ticket (19116151 (also ticket N0 19154793 raised by "support" )) on this issue.

I am even on a list !!! ...PID 31998 ....(anyone else ?)

The response just keeps saying "we are waiting for a BRAS data report from BT. Blah Blah....

How long do we wait Huh?

Surely if these are not cleared up as they go on things can only get worse!

Above ALL I want a STABLE connection but like us all have been paying for a fast connection since I joined.

Up til now I have been very pleased with my Plus Net connection but feel that I am not getting the service that I am paying for.
JonathanW
Grafter

A couple of you in this thread have had delta reports come through, though after checking some of you are missing reports when they should have come through several days ago. This is something that is being investigated by our development team in conjunction with BT, but as there are several systems involved it is unfortunately a complex matter.
N/A

Is there any way to tell how far through the 10 day period you are?

I ask as I had days of 'wierdness' on my connection (but can't remember exactly when it started), then figured out how to check line stats on my belkin router and reailsed the sync was 7900 and 468.

My connection has been stable for a while now, but I have no idea whether I've been MAXed or not.

I also had the e-mail last week to say I 'may' be moved to LLU in the future. Still undecided as to whether LLU is a good thing or not for ME, I know its probably a good thing for +net. (Though If I KNEW id get a 24Mb connection, then of course it would be good!)

M
mcsheepie
Grafter

Re: Day 11 and still stuck on old speed

Well it's day 11 since I was upgraded to DSLMax and the checker is still saying my speed is 2000 Kbps despite having sync of 8128/448. Ticket 19365573 has gone un answered since yesterday. All a bit of a fisaco really.

Snap, raised a ticket yesterday 19369330 and it hasn't been looked at yet.

Noticed the average answer time for a ticket had gone down though (was a hour and something yesterday, now it's under a hour. Think i'm about 21 hours now? Smiley )
N/A

Same for me, day 10 and no change from 2Mb / MSR 2000.
I've also now raised a ticket
N/A

Similar story here was upgraded on 2nd stable rate is 6500 and my upload has increased. However my download still the same as when i was on 2meg all test sites i have checked say my download is average for a 2 meg line. raised aticket on Friday with support but still not had a reply.
N/A

Same here. Syncing at 8.1mb but stable rate shows 2000. Uploads have increased however. :? :shock:
glloyd
Rising Star

I think what annoys customers and in the end cause more tickets and more work for CS is the delay in replies and lack of information. It seems to me a lot of people raise tickets because they don't know what's happening to their accounts and this can only lead to discontented customers.
N/A

I think thats very true. No mail stating Max had been started, days of wacky disconnects. Line sync looking like Max has started, days later no speed changes, and now for me poor pings because the repeated re-boots of my router whilst setting up a wireless lan seems to have caused interleaving to be switched on on my connection.

Along the way I've done my best to keep informed to whats going on, but the official information passed out has failed or become too diluted with phrasing to remove any incling of a 'promise' that you end up raising tickets just to work out whats going on with your connection. I know its a residential connection with no SLA, but I do need to rely on my connection as I work from home once in a while.

I'm by no way blaming all of this on +net but surely more official stickied posts to the forum stating the current situation would be a useful start.

Unfortunatly +net support seems to have crumbled under the recent changes and the usually excellent service has degraded to a point where its very difficult to get things sorted.