cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dates for upgrades

Adam1V
Grafter

Dates for upgrades

i was just wondering if there was any set dates for the upgrades to business users?
cant wait for the 3mb connection.

Adam
9 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Dates for upgrades

Hi Adam,

Unfortunately we don't have a rollout schedule yet from BT Wholesale.

The regrades to 2Mbps are going to start next month and will take several months to complete.

We are expecting a list of customers on the approximately 20 exchanges that will trial the faster speeds shortly. Once contacted to see if they want to participate these customers should start to see faster than 2Mbps sometime next month.

For everyone else, we would expect some more customers to be added to the faster speed trial over the summer with a full product launch around August time.
N/A

Speed upgrades

I take it that xustomers will be notified when upgrades will take place even those on which the trials are going to take place. Looking at the availability check, 2Mbps is already available on my exchange.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Dates for upgrades

Hi,

We'll contact anyone selected for faster than 2Mbps directly to see if they want to take part.

For the regrades to 2Mbps, then it's difficult to say exactly how/when we'll communicate. We'll be informed 3 days before the regrade goes through so hopefully we'd be able to let you know in advance by email.
N/A

Dates for upgrades

so your going to test people on faster connections (more than 2mb), they will be charged accordingly?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Dates for upgrades

No, unless you want to queue jump (for a speed up to 2Mbps) then the speed increase will be free of charge.
N/A

Dates for upgrades

I too was wondering why the upgrades don't start till April when my local exchange is already capable of the 2Mb connection.

Also can you clarify that if my local exchange is capable of carrying a 4mB connection will I still only be upgraded to 2Mb or will I get the upgrade to 4Mb.
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

Dates for upgrades

2Mbps has been available for a while now and we can do an immediate regrade (for £14.99) for anyone whose line will support it. However, the option to do a bulk upgrade of all our customers has only been available for a few weeks.

As you can probably imagine the logistics of doing a mass upgrade of every customer is very different to doing a few, then look at it from BT Wholesale's point of view where not only do they have to process the regrades for Force9, but also for every other ISP that wants a speed upgrade.

As far as speeds faster than 2Mbps go, we will be contacting customers next week who have been selected to take part in the Alpha trial. Initially this is just 21 exchanges, and if you aren't selected then unless you are added to the list once the trial reaches the beta stage then it is likely that you won't see a faster speed than 2Mbps until the autumn.
Adam1V
Grafter

Dates for upgrades

As far as speeds faster than 2Mbps go, we will be contacting customers next week who have been selected to take part in the Alpha trial. Initially this is just 21 exchanges, and if you aren't selected then unless you are added to the list once the trial reaches the beta stage then it is likely that you won't see a faster speed than 2Mbps until the autumn.

Im curious, is it going to be a stability test or just a speed test?
Im just wondering if for example our company took part in this, whether or not there would be preiods of where the connection is lost?
I know you couldnt say 100% that the connection will always be there, but im sure you've got a good idea?

Adam
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 69

Dates for upgrades

Hi there,

The current trial involving the higher MaxDSL speeds (above 2MB) is an "alpha" trial, and is only available at a limited number of locations around the UK. All customers on these exchanges have been carefully reviewed, and only those having telephone lines which are compatible with the trial service are eligible at this time. All eligible customers have been contacted. Further trials are expected over the coming months, on which a wider set of customers will be eligible.

The qualifying criteria for trial lines are fairly stringent. All of our customers on the trial exchanges have been evaluated by BT, and only those that match the trial conditions have been invited to take part.

The objectives for this project are to fine-tune the way speed is matched against stability. Customers taking part in the trial can expect a 'best-efforts' service.

This is separate to the bulk regrade taking place over the next couple of months which should see everyones line speed increase to 2MB where available (remember, not all lines can support 2MB)

Kind Regards,

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Products Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵